The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie goat owner, didn't pull the bucket out in time when I saw her raise that leg.... : )

So.... can I feed that milk to a young doeling I'm still bottle feeding? Make soap out of it? Lotion? or what other uses rather than just pouring it down the drain? It's filtered and in the fridge awaiting your thoughts.....

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Yes..you can use it for all the above mentioned...: ) you can also feed any unwanted milk to your pigs, chickens turkeys, garden .....Dilute for your garden and spray..:D

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I had that happen to me yesterday , lol
After she did the one back leg , she decided to do the other and have a milk pedicure ;) It happened too fast , so after the one foot went in , I sorta stood there to see what she was going to do next. I guess the warm milk felt good so she stuck the other one in too , lol
"Oh my Mochalo , your just a silly girl" :D

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I have been giving a small amount to one of my dogs who has a skin allergy and I havent noticed as much scratching . Just a thought.
But I dont give the stepped in milk though ;)
I plan on trying to make soap at some point .

·
Registered
905 Posts
We give ours to the animals, too. The cats, dogs, chickens, and ducks all love it. Tomatoes get really happy when they get some, too.

Hmmmm...I wonder if the bunnies would like it. I'll have to try that next time.

Hoof Milk....love it! LOL!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I named it hoof milk early on. Rachel seems to enjoy making it more than any other variety some days. Especially when I am trying to teach someone else to milk. Bratty goats. LOL. :p

TDG-Farms, I personally find the floating dirt and the sunken poo particles a tad unappetizing! ;)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I had this happen really early on, when I had no milk to spare. I filtered it but was bemoaning my loss. My son was like, "You could pasturize it ya'no." So I did. Now I have enough milk to be able to give it to the other animals. The rabbits love it. My son put fresh milk in his rat's water bottle and they were all fighting over it.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I ended up heating it up and adding it to my bath water. fantastic! I have plenty of milk so determined I might as well not give it to the youngster, tho I do concur that they must get a fair amount of dirt when they're nursing anyway.

·
2,203 Posts
Personally doesn't bother me much unless visually filthy. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am a new milker and so if I lose a drop I feel like i have lost a whole bucket full! LOL I m like noooooooo not my milk!!!!!!

One time
I lost a whole quart because she did that!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts