Goat stories wanted for tv special

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by radpic, Apr 29, 2014.

1. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Several years ago our company produced a film for PBS called “The Natural History of the Chicken.” It was a film that celebrated the chicken and its relationship to people. Now we have been asked to do more.

We are developing a new PBS Special that celebrates goats and the relationships they have with their owners. In particular we are looking for heartfelt stories, funny stories, sad stories, stories of our relationship to goats that give us a better understanding of these unique animals. If you know goats and know them well – please share with us. We are also hoping to meet charismatic and friendly characters who can tell these stories to us. Or perhaps you know of someone you can refer us to?

We would appreciate it if you could share these with us. Drop us an email with your suggestions and contact information - or if you prefer just a time to call you – if that works best for you?

Mark Lewis, Producer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    How do we know if this is for real?

3. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
  4. trudy

trudy New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    coastal Alabama
  5. Stacykins

Stacykins Goats of da UP

Mar 27, 2012
    Escanaba, MI, U.S.
    Oh my gosh, The Natural History of the Chicken was so ridiculous. Funny, but ridiculous!

6. NubianFan

NubianFan New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Arkansas
    I would think people would want to know what they will be compensated for their stories and time and know how they will be used. If used to make goats or goat people look ridiculous or used to educate people about goats and their care.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    There are a Lot of questions and concerns here, we can't just jump into something that is a unknown, always be cautious.

8. chelsboers

chelsboers Senior Member

Mar 24, 2010
    SE Kansas
    Sounds like Chicken Soup for the Goat Lovers Soul.
    I don't have any stories about a loving relationship between myself and my goats. All mine involve me somehow getting hurt, deprived of sleep, or spending lots of money. I have a very one sided relationship with my animals.

9. uglywon

uglywon Member

Dec 21, 2012
    This one time... at baahhhh camp....
    I got nothing.

10. audrey

audrey New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Lebanon, Oregon
    I found another thread on another forum by him, totally want to get Ser. Bun and the bucks on TV! I responded and I hope he calls me back!

11. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    It is indeed real, and I am Mark Lewis. No false name or random poster here. I intend on making this special for PBS in the vein of "The Natural History of the Chicken", and to you who have seen that know that I do my best to make it truthful and in the way I want it, and not for propaganda use.

I seek out more character driven stories, not the "added drama" you see on TV now.

I'm simply looking for interesting stories you or anyone you know has had with your goats.

Other specials I have done include "Cane Toads: The Conquest", "Rat", and "Lords of the Gourd". "Lords" was a special I did for PBS which was part of the "Pursuit of Excellence" series. If you have any other questions for my please feel free to ask.

If you need to get in touch please feel free to email me at [email protected] or just reply with your stories here.

Best,

Mark

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  12. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    That would be awesome to see someone from here on TV with their goats , :slapfloor:

:D

13. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    "Lords of the Gourd"? The highlands of PNG?

14. audrey

audrey New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Mark, did you get my email? If not, check your junk folder, my email often goes to peoples junk folders. Its [email protected] :)

15. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    What you need is a pack goat story :) I have one but its late and I need a shower :)

16. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Hi Audrey,

Yes I did get your email. Sorry, it's rather busy here, and it may take a bit sometimes for me to get back to you. Thank you so much for your contribution. Anything else you can pass along to me, or if you know anyone with some great stories would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Mark

17. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Dave,

I hope you're out of you shower, otherwise we may need to do a special about you taking the longest shower in history! :)

If you wouldn't mind passing along your pack goat story, that would be fabulous. I can't wait to read.

Best,

Mark

18. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Are you wanting to put together just a bunch of feel good, fun stories with goats? I think that would be great :) People who don't know about goats are really off their rockers sometimes lol It's all about stinky bucks and getting horned or butted! Those people don't know goats ;)

We've had goats for 4 years, and they are such an amazing part of our lives, I don't know what we would do without them. Through the good, the bad & the ugly.

One of my favorite goat 'friendships' is my 7yo daughter, and her doe, Snow White - our first goat. They have been bonded since the day we brought Snow White home 4 years ago. She loves my daughter so much. They have such a cute relationship ♥

19. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    Actually I pretty much dirty all the time. So a constant shower isnt that far off the mark :) I did a short write of of the story of Legion somewhere ill see if I cant locate. Its not actually a packing story but instead the beginning tale of a pack goat.

20. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    More or less, yes. Funny, crazy, heartfelt, passionate, real. I strive for good characters.

Would you happen to have any stories that stand out about your daughter? Or any involving yourself? If so please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Best,

Mark