The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

For those of you that don't have a buck on your property, how do you transport your does for breeding? We have two nubians , do not have a horse/cattle trailer, and are looking for some creative ideas to get them as stress free from point A to point B. The breeder is located within a 30 minute drive.

If there are no good solutions, we will find one to borrow.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Good morning!

For those of you that don't have a buck on your property, how do you transport your does for breeding? We have two nubians , do not have a horse/cattle trailer, and are looking for some creative ideas to get them as stress free from point A to point B. The breeder is located within a 30 minute drive.

Large dog kennel?
Take a cattle panel and put the goats by it and tie the ends together.
Screw some pallets together.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
20190402_112350.jpg
Good morning!

I cut a cattle panel into pieces and hog ringed it together to make a portable cage for pick up bed.

·
Super Moderator
58,855 Posts
What type of transportation do you have? I have a cap on my truck so we can just put them in the back of the truck.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
F96ECEBA-3907-4F47-80FF-C10339F1F4A0.jpeg
We have an irish wolfhound that at a point needed a crate.... so it had be huge. It takes up the 6ft bed of hubby's truck. It is great for haulin animals. We just either pick them up or use two tire ramps And a lil bait to get them up in it. I think the crate was about two benjamins. But it has paid for itself in just things like this.

Cricket is a mini nubian for size.

·
8,163 Posts
Put a bale of hay or straw as a step and have them step up then you kind of pull them into the truck. If you can, do practice sessions so,they aren't all stressed when it is time to go to the buck.

Maybe feed them grain etc. in the crate in the truck or however you transport them.

A tarp will block the wind.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
This is awesome! What a great idea. I think we may go with this one. Thank you for sharing. Do you lure the goats up, or do you pick them up and put them in? Our girls are pretty heavy at this point.
Mine are nigis, I just pick them up. A 2x12 six or eight feet long may work to walk them up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts