Goat Web--just curious

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by drafthorsechick, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drafthorsechick

drafthorsechick New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Iowa
    Is GW officially toast? Did anyone ever find out what happened to it?

Stacy, I'm so glad that you started this one up for us or I'm not sure what we would have done--I think a lot of us would have ruptured something! :GAAH:

Therese

2. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yep, Goatweb's gone :( officially, forever. But thank goodness for Stacey, and all of the mods! Yay! We have The Goat Spot. Makes it all OK :D.

3. drafthorsechick

drafthorsechick New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Iowa
    Do you know what happened to it? Bummer that we can't access some of the info and pics on it even though we now have this site.

Thanks again, Stacy, for all you do! :cool:

Therese

4. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    I guess that Debbie (the owner) had problems with the host or something. Eventually, when she realized it would be impossible to get it all back, she let us knowt that it is over.
    I know, losing all the valuable info on there is horrible. But, we can start over here. Someday we will have all that stuff here :D.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yes Goatweb is offically gone.

Thanks for the complements, just trying to help us all with our additiction. :D

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Stacey, is it at all possible to save all this wonderful info somewhere so IN CASE something like that happens here? I was just wondering.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    working on it. :D

after the issues with the board over the past few days I am ready to move on.

We can move all the stuff that we have here to a new server. It will require work on my end so I have to have time to do it. Right now I don't have that time but I can make time for the things that are priority - right? lol

I will let you all know when the changes are about to happen so that you all don't panic.

Should be in the next week or two.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well you are always one step ahead aren't you?? :clap: :leap: :dance: :wahoo:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I try to be helpful ;) I am concerned about loosing stuff just as you all are.

It is a big step to be totaly in control of the board so I need to make sure that I also choose the right host.

This stuff is SO over my head!

10. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks for the update! I will have to remember to keep checking in for news on the new site.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    there will be a down time But from what I am gathering if i do it right we can still use this forum but will loose any information that is typed here AFTER the transfere is started - which could take a couple days.

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    K! Sounds like a plan to me :greengrin:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am going to lock this and if anyone wants to know more about the move here soon look in the annoucement area for when I will post to let everyone know.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.