Goat Weight Tape

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Suntoo, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Suntoo

Suntoo Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Southern Nevada
    I've been dying to ask if anyone has measured themselves??

I was on a tape measure mission last week...measuring everything I could think of, weight, horns, beards, ears....
    then I wondered how much would I weigh in Goat pounds?

Well first I tried it around my waist which is, of course, the wrong spot.
    But I was really surprised when I measured myself in the same way as my goats, up under the arms (above the chest.)
    I was 110# goat weight according to the tape. Well my scale weighed me at 113#!
    I am really impressed!
    :book:

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

3. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    I measured my son when we got ours, he is 8 and it was only a few lbs off also!

4. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    Just tried me, it was low until I breathed in and flexed all my chest muscles, then it was dead on!

Who knew!

5. CritterCarnival

CritterCarnival Yes Dear Goat Farm

Sep 17, 2013
    Western Kentucky
    I was curious as well, so I just dug out my goat tape and "weighted" myself...I tape within 3 pounds of my actual weight!! I'm impressed. :lol:

:chin: Hmmm...wonder if hubby will stand still long enough to see if it works on him too. Probably not though, my tape only goes to 195# and he's 6'3" and a good deal heavier than that. :ROFL:

6. CritterCarnival

CritterCarnival Yes Dear Goat Farm

Sep 17, 2013
    Western Kentucky
    Well, hubby did stand still for measuring. The scale on the tape ends at 195#, so I marked how much farther he measured and extended the scale...perfect, he's 245# and that's what the tape would have said if it went that far. :smile:

7. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    That's amazing! Wonder what else it works on!

8. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

It works on dogs too. It's within 5 lbs. on my big my dogs and spot on with the small ones.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  9. COgoatLover25

COgoatLover25 Active Member

Dec 23, 2013
    We tried the horse measuring tape ( for weight ) on my brother and it was dead on :lol:

10. Dayna

Dayna Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Pahoa Hawaii
    magic tape!

I did try doing my saanen goat cloud who is underweight. It said she weighed a lot more than she does. We know how much she weighs because my daughter picked her up and weighed her on the scale (damn strong 17 year old girl!)

My daughter weighs 112 pounds and can pick up a 108.4 pound goat.

11. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    Yeah, that a strong girl alright!!!