The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Millikooki
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put them out to pasture and in 10 minutes Chester is bawling. I go out she's distressed but looks ok. I call someone who might have suggestions, and go check her again. She's under the tree, the front of her mouth is swollen and she's got saliva between her lips. She's been stung before but never so dramatic. Her muzzle is swollen, I checked the forum for bee sting and gave Chester about 15 ml children's benydrl. I used a medication plastic syringe, she got more than half. Will this make her sleepy, what should I expect from her. I assume she's ok, I keep checking her & she's alert & quiet.
I've had goats before but never had any problems and these are Piper's goats. Thanks, Millikooki

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
I dont think Benedryl will make her sleepy...I would redose later this evening as well...you can giveher a baby chewable aspirin as well...be sure she is eating and drinking..keep a watch on her..she should be fine..

·
8,177 Posts
Check and make sure the stinger isn't still in her. Make sure she is breathing ok. If not, call the vet. If you PM me, I know a good local vet.
(I live near you).

·
Millikooki
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to know a vet in the area. Western Reserve won't come to Conneaut. I have a good holistic, chiropractic regular vet in Union City, Pa and I've heard there's a traveling van vet out of Meadeville, Pa but that doesn't do much good in an emergency. I need to make up an emergency kit this week. Thanks, Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts