The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe with a lump on her jaw was no there last night, noticed this morning at milking. Very hard not movable. I did palpate on the inside and felt the lump she did cry out.She is eating and acting normal. Help any helpful hints or treatments?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks contacted my vet she is coming tomorrow. Seems like swelling is going down.pisctures are of this morning when I noticed it and one is from an hr ago. Still feels rather hard and I can touch it doesn't feel hot or bothersome to her. Still love to hear thoughts
90752607-9857-477F-8E0A-3C0F078CE84A.jpeg
15AA570C-9224-4D8D-A9E0-F7DAF3A07FD8.jpeg

·
8,168 Posts
It could be an infected salivary gland, bad tooth, a sticker that got infected or something else. It's good a vet can look at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I felt inside her mouth today and felt a lump hard lump in the same area.. Im hopping a tooth but the fact the swelling is improving makes me hopeful.. When I felt in her mouth she did cry out a little but well wait for the vet to come and see..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for asking, the swelling is going down still a slight bump there but vet isn't sure she is going to be able to do anything with it at this point.
Have her isolated from the rest.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
When abscesses are hard, you shouldn't lance them until ripe and soft.

The vet didn't say it was an abscessed tooth or anything?
That is not what you wanted to hear.

Salivary gland swelling is usually soft and should never be lanced or you will kill the goat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It might be some sort of abscess, explained from above:up:. If it was on the back on the jaw kind of below the ear, it would be CL. Has it lost any fur on the bump?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts