The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that someone can help me out. I noticed yesterday that one of my 4 month old bucks was not feeling well. I took his temp. 106. gave banamine and penicillin and gave electrolytes. It has been so wet here in Delaware this year.He does not have a bad cough. My question is what is the best antibiotic to give for pheumonia and for how long. any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
Nuflor or Draxxin are the best drugs but you can also use Naxcel. I think Tylan 200 is tje over the counter one.

I know Naxcel is 1cc per 100 lbs and Draxxin is 1cc per 101 lbs.

·
2,203 Posts
Have you listened to his lungs? I highly prefer Draxxin.

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
I agree..if you cant get the RX meds such as Nuflor ( 3 cc per 100# once a day) then Tylan 200 is the better OTC choice...1 cc per 25# every 12 hours for 5-7 days...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have la200 on hand will that work?. I have not listened to his lungs. will do that. he also has a runny nose now. got to get another temp also.

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
LA200 is ok...1 cc per 20#...for 5 days...benedryl will help the runny nose if the antibiotic dont help...be sure to give probiotics after treatment to restore flora in his gut

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
wow...thats a bit of rain..we are so dry here in Texas...its been a hard few years for sure..best wishes

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
thank you all. I will do a rain dance for you happybleats.
LOL Thanks, Sounds good...:D we need the water..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts