The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at my witts end today! one of my 2 mini pygmy's has been bleeting(yelling) all day long....with the occassional break for eating hay. she's not hurt,she has food/water everything is normal,,nothing is different!! I can't stop this noise she's making,like she's callinbg out to someone...or she's scared of something. We have a house being built across the road,and I did notice that today they were extra noisy(cutting the bricks ect) could that be it?? Has anyone else had this happen? I need to know how to quiet her down..putting her inside her house makes it worse! I just hope she's not going to do this all the time cause my neighbors will complain and I would have to get rid of her :((

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really?? she's 1 and a half years old,,could this be it? how long are they in heat?

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
Yep my thought too.....shes mostl likely in heat..getting her bred will stop the yelling lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2 pygmy girls do the same I'm not sure they do it all day cuz I'm not here they are only 13 weeks and 4 months old so they r sec not heat but urs could well be i think its often about 18 month old they come in to heat first time any help for me ? They arnt constant but if they see or hear me they go for about 30 mins after

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh...thank you,,now I can put it together,lol,,I have no intentions of breeding them,,they're just pets .. must be heat!

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
yep last only a few days...then they come back in heat every 21 days or so lol..

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
every 21 days! Oh man! when do they get menopause!?? :eek:

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just read that does go into their 1st heat at age 4-6 months,is this true? cause if that's the case,it's not the heat that causing this behaviour,,since she would have gone into heat many times so far... ?

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
They do come into heat younger usually starting at about 4 months. They do not come into 'I'm getting old, I need a man NOW heat' until after they are a year old.

·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
~LOL! ok,that makes sense,,,

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Tis the season!! Lots of does dont cycle except in the fall/winter. I know our nigerians come in heat year round but they aren't screaming in heat unless it's fall.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
That explains a lot! :laugh: I have about 20 open does in the pens that are cycling and screaming bloody hell! Never had it happen before, but they are usually bred by this time of year, too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am at my witts end today! one of my 2 mini pygmy's has been bleeting(yelling) all day long....with the occassional break for eating hay. she's not hurt,she has food/water everything is normal,,nothing is different!! I can't stop this noise she's making,like she's callinbg out to someone...or she's scared of something. We have a house being built across the road,and I did notice that today they were extra noisy(cutting the bricks ect) could that be it?? Has anyone else had this happen? I need to know how to quiet her down..putting her inside her house makes it worse! I just hope she's not going to do this all the time cause my neighbors will complain and I would have to get rid of her :((
She won't do it all the time, just for a couple of days every three weeks or so, all winter long. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just read that does go into their 1st heat at age 4-6 months,is this true? cause if that's the case,it's not the heat that causing this behaviour,,since she would have gone into heat many times so far... ?
I have mature does that sometimes have noisy heats and other times they flag and give other signs but are quiet. i personally think it's in response to external stimuli. Maybe they smell a buck on the wind, or hear one, or just think they hear one.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
They do come into heat younger usually starting at about 4 months. They do not come into 'I'm getting old, I need a man NOW heat' until after they are a year old.
:slapfloor:
it's funny because its troooooo! LOL

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
One of my does hollered all of last week even with the buck in with her but now that she has been bred she is back to her normal self :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts