Goatie IMPULSE!!! (not what you expected)PICS

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Aug 16, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, I'm going to get a light carmel pygmy doeling tomorrow! :leap: Different lines and now I can still have pygmy babies!! Of course though it's even more special to me because she was born the 23 of March...my late dad's birthday.....I will definately be posting pics once she's here and of course doing all the "healthy" goat stuff......and Hank will be keeping his "guys" as I thot of castrating him because I didn't have a doe for him...next fall I will....she comes from a super easy kidder so I hope she follows in her dams footsteps. This was totally an impulse decision as I was wanting another registered nigi doe....but she was the right price and adorable....and I still might get another nigi but may wait til next year.

I won't be going to get her til after work tomorrow and I probably won't be home til after 5 so I will get those pics asap. :stars:

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Re: Goatie IMPULSE!!!

Congrats on the doe! Post pics after you get her!

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats!!! :wahoo: I loooooooove getting new goaties!!! You'll have to show pics!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

hehe! Congrats

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Hubby has been dropping hints here and there about how he really liked the pygmy build...he loved My Dolly as much as I did, and he tried to understand when I told him I just couldn't go through another loss with a girl because of a difficult birth...one reason why I went with Nigi's, so as a "compromise" of sorts I'll get this little girl for un registered pygmies and still have the registered nigi's....my hubby is a good hearted guy in that way...we "compromise" ALOT....when it comes to my goaties...he thinks that if he "gives in" on something goat related I won't ask him to do anything for awhile. :wink:

I guess I'll be thinking of a name for her...will come to me once I see her in person and know her parents names.
    It will need to fit with the rest of the girls:
    Bootsie
    Tilly
    Binky
    Angel
    Heidi

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Well Liz it isnt like you have a theme going --- or am I missing something? So any name will do :)

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Congratulations!!! :stars:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

No "theme" , it's just the way they roll together when I call them off the hill....in that order , lol so something with a similar sounding "end" to it...I had even thought of "Honey" because of her color..Lt. Carmel :shrug:

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I have a doe named Honey, really Honeyberry but we call her Honey. I like the name =)

And CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Congrats! I wish I could find a pygmy here, there arent any advertised so I dont know where to find any.

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Alyssa, These people have nice pygmy's in Arkansas. http://www.jamesfarm.com/ Just thought I would let you know.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, a mistake on my part...the doe that she HAD that was the carmel had a deposit on her, so I went with this little girl....birthday is the same 3/23/08 but to a different doe...her sire is an agouti pygmy and momma a gold/white Nigi.....so since theis is what I already have...nigi/pygmies...this little girl is home with me now....and she has WADDLES!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is still scared, and cries when I leave her but she can see and hear the other girls...UTD on shots, worming and her "family" looked very healthy...some a bit over conditioned and her dams udder was ok in the capacity and ligament area....she is just about a month younger than Heidi..my "pygmy looking" doeling and is about the same size so I am really anxious to see how she grows.

Name suggestions?? I've been calling her Baby...but she won't be a "baby" for long so I'm open to options with the "ly" ending.

13. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awwww...this one is cute too!! She looks like a Lilly to me :D She's a cutie! Congrats!

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe how cute ---- well I hope the hubby likes her :D

Names are not my thing, good luck finding one that suits her

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thanks Kylee....theres actually been 3 kids born here that their owners chose to name "Lily".......The name situation has been solved though....my dear ,sweet , and very tolerant hubby( because she screamed in his ear the entire ride home...while I was holding her in my lap!) he chose her name...it is BAILEY....seems to suit her too as I was calling her that while she fell asleep in my arms tonite...I feel so bad because she wants to be with the girls so bad, and she can see them but they are beating the stall door each time she would go near it. She has water and hay as well as a dose of probiotic gel....she went and lay down in the corner closest to the girls and was nibbling hay before I came in...so I hope she'll be fine tomorrow...I'll check her in the morning before work but I'll not see her til after 4 tomorrow...I hope she's going to be alright. :cry:

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think we worry more about them then they need worrying about...... :hug:

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I know, we are all like that. How long do you think I should keep her separate? Her herd all looked to be very healthy...no external problems visible to me...and the breeder is like me...small hobby and she sells them as pets or freezer....so how long should she stay separate?

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    on for as long as you feel comfortable.

I would check her over for lice just in case.

19. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Aw....Bailey is a good one too!! That fits her! Again, congrats she's super cute!

20. Candy

Candy New Member

She's really sweet looking. :) I want one just like her--but with blue eyes. Start lookin', Liz :angel2: LOL
    Candy