Goatie IMPULSE!!! (not what you expected)PICS

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    She looks like a sweetie pie. And I love the name too :greengrin:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She has a bit of dandruff...but none of it is moving so theres no lice, eyes are bright and clear and she is so shiny! Hooves look good, no splits or tears and right now when I just checked on her, she was in the very same corner...this is going to take awhile...she didn't come to me just lay and cried, she obviously wasn't handled much. :cry:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    SHe's a pretty little girl!! Love her name :love:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    She sure is a pretty gal. As for keeping her separate, I know people would go crazy if they new that I never separate the new ones BECAUSE I know all the goats and where they come from. You know her and where she came from. Congratulations.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the new baby!!! It is always a great feeling when the hubby's are involved!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, when I got off work this afternoon and went out to milk Binky and Bootsie....Bailey was crying as soon as she heard me. She just wants to be with "goats" and me and hubby sat with them for an hour...she has been checked over and is healthy so I let her be with the girls, they all came to sniff and bump her while I held her and once I let her down....of all the girls, it was HEIDI that rammed her!! So they were doing the typical goat stuff, but she still cries alot, I do think it's because she misses her mom...even though at 5 months she is weaned..she still had her mom, now she's in a strange place with "mean" goats and no mommy....I want to cry with her!
    I will get better pics of her to show off , but right now she's scared and the pics I did post prove that....she definately has ND build...long and level and a deep barrel...with lean little legs...compared to my Nigi Binky, she could be her kid!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    She will settle in now. It took Angie a couple days/weeks to get over missing her mama too

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I hope so, the last kid that I brought home at Bailey's age was Dolly...and she just had Bootsie to contend with...it seems the younger they are the faster they bond to me...Angel was 6 weeks old and Hank was 8 weeks....the older they are they seem "standoffish" and the fact that she has to contend with 4 bigger does and one brat (Heidi) seems to make it worse.