Goatie Questions! (for fun)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RowdyKidz, Jun 7, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Just curious. I've been thinking about trying this for awhile...

1. What's your favorite breed? Why?
    2. What breed do you have?
    3. What do you like most about your breed?
    4. What do you like least about your breed?
    5. Are you content with the breed you have? Why or why not?

2. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    1. My favorite breed is LaManchas. They come in a variety of colors and most of have wonferful personalities.

2.I have LaManchas-although my first goat was a pygmy and my first main herd of goats were Mini Oberhaslis.

3. I like their little ears and their personalities.

4. I'd like to see more milk-but overall there isn't much I dont like about them.

5.Yes, Although if I ever had another breed i'd go with the regular sized Oberhaslis.

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    1. My favorite breed is the Nubian. They are affectionate and come in ALL colors, plus they have long ears. :wink:

2. I have Purebred Nubians.

3. I love their long ears! lol Nah, I just like how sweet they are and their different colorations.

4. I don't like the stereotypes that go with them. (sorry it's the only thing I could think of!)

5. Definitely content with them! Although for fun I'd like to have a Nigie or two. :wink:

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I have had a lot of breeds over the years including lamanchas two nubians a saanen pygmies, had a roomate who had nubians and nigies.
    I am in love with alpines. I love the upright ears and dished faces, their gracefullness their silly antics. I even love their nothing is good enough for me personalities. While they are probably one of the most ornery breeds they have a lot of charecter. They tend to argue over everything. I wouldnt change a thing about it.
    If i ever got another breed it would definatly be oberhaslies.
    beth

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

I really like LaManchas. They tend to be very laid-back and easy to work with. They seem to handle stress well compared to some other breeds.

I have LaManchas and an Alpine. I used to have only Alpines.

Personalities...and, of course, their unique appearance.

Misconceptions people have about their ears--they always think we cut them off! LoL!

Absolutely content. I will probably always have LaManchas...and perhaps an Alpine or two :)

6. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    1. What's your favorite breed? Why? : Pygoras - they are the only breed I have ever had so I don't have anything to base them on as to why they are my favorite, but I can't imagine owning any other kind instead.

2. What breed do you have? Pygoras

3. What do you like most about your breed? Their personality and the ability for them to at least pay their own way and potentially earn extra $ for the household through Fiber and spring babies

4. What do you like least about your breed? Having to shear twice a year then process the fiber. I suck at it, but I'm getting better with practice.

5. Are you content with the breed you have? Why or why not? I am very content with Pygoras. They are very hardy & healthy goats - so very lovable, not agressive and very entertaining. I would love to get dairy goats (thinking Nigerian Dwarf) at some point, but there is no way I have the time right now to milk.

And..... they are absolutely the cutest critters on earth!

Attached Files:

• Tink.jpg
      Tink.jpg
      File size:
      87.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    1. I love nigerians, they are cute and very, very sweet and friendly.
    2. Nigerians
    3. everything
    4. You can never get enough!
    5. Yes, I guess cause I love them.hehe

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    1. What's your favorite breed? Why? FB Boers...they are very gentle and loving...I love there look.
    2. What breed do you have? FB Boers
    3. What do you like most about your breed? there over all look...
    4. What do you like least about your breed?How smart they are.....LOL :D
    5. Are you content with the breed you have? Why or why not? yes I am....I love them...

9. 1. What's your favorite breed? Why? Myotonics; I love their personality, easy keep, and just the breed all the way around.
    2. What breed do you have? I Reg Myotonics, som commercial Boers, and one Reg Kiko cross.
    3. What do you like most about your breed? Personalities. Family ties...how much they really love each other.
    4. What do you like least about your breed? Too smart, it makes it hard when worming and shots come around.
    5. Are you content with the breed you have? Why or why not? YES, I hope to grow in the breed and get MORE for my herd.

10. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    1. What's your favorite breed? Why? Nubians and Nigerians. I love the size, ears, and sweet faces of the nubians. I love the personalities, colors, blue eyes, and "pet" appeal of the Nigerians
    2. What breed do you have? I breed Nigerians, I also have two boers, two nubians, and one lamancha.
    3. What do you like most about your breed? They're pretty colors, personalitities, and pet appeal.
    4. What do you like least about your breed? Nothing comes to mind.
    5. Are you content with the breed you have? Why or why not? Yes, if I wasn't I'd choose one I was content w/.

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    1. What's your favorite breed? Why? Nubians and Nigerians b/c of their disposition
    2. What breed do you have?Mini-Nubian
    3. What do you like most about your breed? their size and easy milkers and their personalities
    4. What do you like least about your breed? nothing really
    5. Are you content with the breed you have? Why or why not? Yes, we're content with the breed we have since their easy to handle.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Boers for sure...theyre just beautiful and practical.

Boers (FB and Xbred) but soon only 94% and higher

appearance....and theyre gentle

udders

Yes, I love them. I'd lke to go FB/PB only, one more generation to go!
    I might consider buying a nubian doe for milking. but not before I thin out my herd!

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    My favorite breed of goat right now is the Nigerian Dwarf. I love the small stature mostly. They have individual personalities and flashy colors. Kids number from singles up!

The breeds I have right now are Nigerian Dwarfs and Lamanchas. We are hoping to have some Mini-Manchas in the next kidding season. I've had Mini-Oberhaslis and Pygmies before too. Didn't care for either breed personally.

The thing I like most about Nigerians are the small size and the full dairy look in a small package.

The thing I like least about Nigerians is the broad degree of personalities that there seems to be. In my Lamanchas they're all overly friendly and so sweet. The Nigerians can be sweet, inquisitive, nosey, noisey etc. That being said, I do love the big goat personality in a small package too. ;)

I don't imagine me every having a herd of goats without there being Nigerians in it. I'm anxious to see the cross between Lamanchas and Nigerians. Wonder how the personalities will be in them. :)