Goats acting weird? Update, she seems better

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by loveallgoats, Mar 30, 2010.

1. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    Yesterday my nubian doe who recently had her babies was acting weird. She was not eating and just about everytime she stood up she stretched. So we gave her some sugar and a shot on penacillin last night. This morning she seems to be fine but, my boer doeling who is 4.5 months old is acting like my nubian was yesterday. What is going on? Could they just have an upset tummy? Any advice would be great. thanks

**Went out to get her temp and it is normal. However, i noticed she had green diarrhea on her tail. The feed store that I get my hay from changes suppliers often & 2days ago the hay that I got was different. Anyway, when I fed them again she ate. I gave her some pepto because shortly after I checked her temp she did a runny one again. I sure hope no one else does this, geez

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: Goats acting weird?

Did you get temps on either goat? And other changes? Like eyes moving weird, drooling, staring off into space?

3. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona

No temps yet. Took it out last night to get in on my nubian and i dropped it and it got smashed. I will get another this afternoon. No other weird behavior. Just laying down most of the time and not eating.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

get a digital one -- much faster read out and doesnt break as easily ;)

stretching isnt abnormal but not eating isnt good.

no other symptoms?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Get a temp ....that would really help... :hug: