The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought to pygmy does yesterday. And have no idea how old they are. They are very small and about the size of my 4-5 month old pygmys. The people said they think they are over a yr old but not sure. I'm no good at telling age by looking at their teeth so hoping maybe someone else can help .

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
They don't look that small to me :chin: - I would've guessed 4 or 5 months...
maybe I've got the perspective wrong.
I don't know how to tell by the teeth, though I've been wanting to learn. :D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I looked at it too; I think they look that way as long as they are under a year old, so it may be hard to tell exactly how many months old they are. :D

·
I'm watching you
22,267 Posts
The teeth get longer and darker colored as they age. :) You'll be able to guess when you've seen a lot of teeth.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They don't look that small to me :chin: - I would've guessed 4 or 5 months...
maybe I've got the perspective wrong.
I don't know how to tell by the teeth, though I've been wanting to learn. :D
They said they had them since they were babies and they are over a yr old but its just hard to believe they are that old and so small. And you never can go by what someone says most of the time. i bought them off craigsist $100 for the pair. I think they look 4-5 months old also but their teeth do look older.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Judging by the one on the right's horns (and I know nothing about Pygmy horns), I am going to say that you guessed their ages correctly. 4-5 months is closer than over a year.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I bought the pair the people gave me the care sheet that was originally given to them by the breeder. I was looking at it a few mins ago and noticed on the back of one of the pages was the breeders farm name . So I looked her up and sent an email. The agouti is one of hers and her birthdate is sept. 23 2012 so she will be 10 months old this month. The other she said isn't one of hers. The pic I posted of teeth is of the white colored one so I'm guessing she is younger by the info given

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Well, if the agouti one really is ten months old, then I think she must be pretty stunted. Too bad, hopefully you can care for her better now. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts