The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Encgoatlady
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have the most wonderful experience to share!! I was walking my goats at sundown earlier this week when we spotted a young deer on the trail. I had all six of my goats out and nobody was leashed. My goats began drifting toward the deer and I followed them...

Now these deer are very wild and you normally cannot get anywhere near them, but I was able to get crazy close to this deer because, I think, I was surrounded by my peaceful happy goats. One of my wethers touched noses with the deer, and then they all happily grazed together. I just stood quietly, maybe 10 feet away.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? I'm going to start going out more at this time of day and shoot a video next time it happens.

Happy trails!!

·
FancyDay Farm
832 Posts
Awww, How sweet!!!
I found a deer just chilling out with my goats in their back pasture once. Unfortunately, I think I scared it away trying to take pictures. Lol :D
There was also this bunny who was jumping around and playing in our field one sunny day. First, It sweetly touched noses with my goat Joshua, then it proceeded to jump in in the air, full of glee, and freak Joshua out!! Haha

·
Registered
926 Posts
That had to be a awesome experience. I had my seven nigi in the back part of my property grazing and a huge flock of turkeys came out of the woods. the goats and the turkeys were very curious about eachother. The goats would walk right up to them and they didn't move. I was sitting in a chair right in the middle of about twenty of them strutting, eating, playing within a foot of me. Of course, i didn't have a camera with me. Awesome experience!

·
Encgoatlady
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it!!! Being on the trail with my goats is definitely my happy place. It's like they are a bridge to the wild things.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Very sweet but you really shouldnt allow touching. Deer are very susceptible to goat illnesses. There is a huge litigation going on right now over wild sheep and domestic sheep and goats. They are closing off huge piece of land and taking away grazing rights. Pack goats are being lumped into this and being banned from areas that have wild sheep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts