The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,272 Posts
They would probably be fine but I wouldn't let them live in the same shelter. The goats can't have turkey feed.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Can they co-exist? Has anyone done this? Pros? Cons?
They can live together and do fine. You need separate sleepy spaces for everyone. And the turk feed must be kept from the goats. Our turkeys get their food down from bedtime til mornin bout 7:00-8:30. My goats will get the little bit of leftover turk food but it is never more than a few crumbs... if it is more i shovel it up. The turks will learn when their feed is down and eat themselves full before bed and of a mornin before you let them out. I do scoop poop every day and get as much of the turk as i can in their sleepin stall. We do deep little for the goats in winter and a thin layer of shavings in warm weather. Turks keep shavings all the time. It is just so much easier to keep it clean with them. Ours have bout an acre durin the day to roam. In winter i do give the turks cracked corn of the mornin. But they are let out first and eat the corn up before the goats come out from their feedin. The goats might get ten kernels each of that. So learn how much feed your turks will eat at each evenin/mornin and if you do scratch of any kind that too... to make sure the goats don't get too many leftovers. Ours have lived together for a year and half and no one has died.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts