Goats aversion to water?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TexasRanger, May 25, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Why do goats hate water so much? Just something I've wondered about. :shrug:

2. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Good question. My sheep don't mind water at all. I used to give Moose a bath and he'd never make a peep. I could turn him around any old way and he'd stand with a bored look on his face. :roll: Now my pygmy Mischief was another matter. She'd scream her head off like she was dying. (I use warm water in the house so it's not like she was in the yard with a cold garden hose)

When it rains, the goats run for cover and expect to be feed in their sheds. Moose and Baa Baa come running to the outside trough like nothing.

I do have one goat exception named Ben. He's a 2 month old nubian that takes showers with me and even likes to be blow dried. :laugh: He's a stylin' little guy. :thumbup:

What about you? Any odd balls?

Gina

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I think it is because.... it is an instinct built in them....goats are very smart... :wink: they know... they have to protect their feet... feet are a very important.....and if they are wet..... they are prone to rot..... so they avoid water as much as posssible..... :thumb: :wink: :greengrin: