The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 young pygmy girls and yesturday noticed that their distinctive loud baaaaing was not there it's more like a quiet husky baaaaa ! Almost as I'd they have sore throats ! Are they ok ? Help

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Probably because they were baaaaing too much the day before. When I brought my kinder (Pygmy/Nubian mix) both baaaah'd for days, and many of those days were softer because they lost their voice. Now they do that when they are on heat.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did they cry a lot recently? When my Peg was in heat last time she made a huge fuss and was hoarse for a day or two. I was worried, too.

You might want to check temps and listen to them breathing to make sure they aren't sick, though. It's possible they have colds or something more serious, though I doubt it.

Edit: I am a relative newbie, so someone more experienced might have better advice, but checking them out can't hurt! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I'm new to and so are my goats only had them a week thanks for the tipsil check their temps when I eat bk what should they be x

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Uhoh... I don't remember the correct temps!

I think it's 100.5 to 102ish, but I'm not sure. Happybleats? Goathiker? Liz? Little help? :D

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
They are going horse from all the yelling. That is a wonderful sound around here at weaning time. They will get better, then they will pretty much stop and your neighbor will be happy.

·
Registered
31,034 Posts
normal temp range is 101.5 and 103.5 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts