Goats, chickens and "udder" pics;)

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by PattiXmas, Jan 11, 2010.

1. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    We took my good camera out to the house today to get some updated pics of the girls.

Here's lopsided Snowy, actually the other side seemed to be trying to "even" out. She's not due until March, so hopefully she will figure things out;)

[​IMG]

Daisy, she's also due in March, but smaller to develop -

[​IMG]

Daisy heard an oatmeal creme pie wrapper. I'm not sure if they are good for goats, but we just give them little bites.

[​IMG]

Both girls enjoying their snack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daisy trying to get that last bite -

[​IMG]

My daughter, Becky and her Snowy -

[​IMG]

The little piggies

[​IMG]

Jeff and Henny Penny stretching their legs. We built the "chicken apartment" on the side of the barn. So far, it's working good.

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Your girls are gorgeous! I love those EARS!!! They frame their pretty faces perfectly :love:

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    :laugh: Their faces are adorable! Great pics.

4. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

too cute. You weren't kidding about the lopsided udder lol She's got plenty of time to fill out still so hopefully it'll even out

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    pretty nubies. LOVE the colors!

6. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    It's the oddest thing isn't it! I hope it evens out.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice animals...you have there ... :love:

You will have to wait and see on the lop sided udder.... when she completely fills...
    to see what it will do.... Maybe she is self sucking...? :shrug:

8. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    She is a nut of a goat. While being pregnant has calmed Daisy down greatly, Snowy is becoming a wild child. She is still jumping and standing up. While I was giving Daisy her bite, Snowy jumped up on my back. Bad Goat! :devilish:

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Love the chicken apartment! lol
    Your girls are very pretty :love:

10. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thanks :leap: . Right now we just have one rooster and two hens. This spring, we plan on getting some bantams and think that this "apartment" will work perfectly for them and build something more permanent for the bigger chickens. We are hoping to add at least 4 more hens to the mix as well as some meat birds for the grill. :drool:

11. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Question I just thought of - would she be a self sucker (this makes me giggle just a bit) if she was a bottle baby? :ponder:

12. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    theres NOTHING to worry about with the uneven doe! She is perfectly fine. Most goats will milk heavier on one side than the other. I've had dry yearling and even kids with worse early signs. Most times its a good sign of a good producer! So keep your fingers crossed!! :)

13. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    This probably will be true, as I am pretty sure her "dad" had a milking star. I'll have to double check on that. It also probably will be true as we have never tried goat's milk and aren't sure we will like it. My kids have had goats milk at my sister's house, and they HATED it, but we think it was how the goats were fed and stabled at all times.

I guess if we do get an over abundant amount of milk, we could always give some to our friend that has boer baby bottle kids every year or donate to a rescue/animal control office.

Can goat's milk be used in ice cream? Would you be able to disguise it enough?

14. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Goat milk ice cream is great! We had it almost every day in the summer. But your goat milk shouldn't taste bad, of course we have nigerians, but our lamancha milk was good too. People are always amazed when I have them taste it, that it tastes better than "real" milk. My mother thinks it's a real treat. :greengrin:

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    omg, look at that face on Daisy. Soooo cute. :lovey: