goats in need of homes/help Washington

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by needs to know more, Jan 13, 2008.

1. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    My sister in law just sent me this link. The owner of the goats was elderly and died. They are trying to find new homes for the rest of the goats.

http://www.newmoonfarm.org/

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I sent an email to the rescue to see if there was anything that I could do from here.

Although my hubby will kill me if I take any more in - I wouldn't mind helping a few of them out.

I will let you know what I find out.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

wow arlington is so close to me. Only about an hour away....i took the adress and amgoing to send them a little cash donation a couple of collars and leashes and a few tubes of wormer. I wish i could do me. If i were in arlington i would valunteer my time to help worm goats and trim feet. I wish i could take one or two as well. but im just not in a situation where i can. I hope they all find new homes.
    beth

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I received an email from Ms. Ellen from the rescue group that took in these animals.

She let me know that all but about 30 goats have been placed and the ones that are left are on the ones that are worst off.

She also let me know that the goats were actully rescued about 2 - 3 weeks ago.

I will let you know if I hear anything else.

PS I did let her know that we had it posted on here and their might be some donations coming their way -

5. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Thank you for helping. All I could do at this time was post it where it could be seen. I knew some of them had been homed all ready, but not that many. It must have in on the news on the west side of the state, that is where my sister in law lives. She sent me the link because she knows I have goats, even got one named after her. I would love to be able to help more, but at least they got a little more help by me posting!!!! 8)

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yes they did and thank you for posting. The lady said that the originally aired the story in late December, and then they "re aired" it this past week.

Thank you again for sharing!

Allison

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    When this story first broke it was front page news! Three days later alot of them had been adopted, had lots of hands on help from local goat people.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is just wonderful! I am glad to see everyone come together when it is needed!