The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any product that is safe to give a buck in rut to make him disinterested in the girls. He has gotten a little out of hand and even when I separate him he goes after the other smaller bucks. He is a great sweet boy when he is not in rut Any ideas?

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
LOL...a shower might help..lol..but in the mean time , if there is a fear he can hurt theyounger boys, he may need his own room for a while...

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
There are some chill pill herbs, actually ... rubbing lavender on the nose ... will have to think of some more. There is an herbal supplement called "Moody Mare", it's supposed to calm mares down. I wonder if it would do the same for bucks? I used to give one of my nervous girls tea, lol! But there isn't really an herb to stop bullying. My guys are rough and tough with each other, but they are all the same size and have sweet personalities, so they're all right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the great info. He has settled down a bit but I haven't been home yet today. Yesterday he got under the fence somewhere and let himself into the fence where the girls are. Anyone who says goats are dumb have no idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts