Goats in the house

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Jan 7, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    We had babies born Monday night and with our unusual cold temps we will be getting the next 3 days, my hardcore no goats in the house boyfriend decided that momma and babies needed to come inside. LOL what a pushover.

My favorite doe Flower gave me 2 of the cutest little does. One that looks like dad and one that looks like her. We have already named the golden one SunFlower but looking for a flower name for the other. So any ideals?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

ohhh cute!

How about Lilac?

And check out the udder on your doe! :shocked:

3. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Moonflower!!! :)

they are gorgeous!!!!

4. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    ohhh both of those names are good, I will let him pick and use the other name for the next doe.

I should take photo's of her udder for yall to look at, I have no ideal if it is considered good or not, I just know that she produces quite a bit of milk.

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awwww.....adorable little no ears!! And yes, I agree that Sunflower looks like her daddy!

Pansy? Buttercup?

Flower does have an impressive udder!

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Gardenia (not sure I spelled that right)
    Morning Glory
    Daffodil
    Lily
    Camillia
    Blossom

Are a few names...

They are all beautiful BTW!

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Finally! I've been waiting to see those babies!

Aren't they just precious!

I know what you mean about the weather. I couldn't figure out how to turn the hot water heater off, and didn't want to mess with the breakers (hubby was at work), so I couldn't turn our water off, and the pipes are now frozen. And unless we catch it when it thaws, likely we'll be without water until next week.

The goats were looking at me like, "Where's our hot water?" today.

We will bring Hope inside if she decides not to wait until next week, when it warms up.

8. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Told you they were cuties :love:

Our outside waterbuckets are still full of ice this morning, such unusual temps for us. I am so glad that he decided to bring them into the house, I would have worried about those babies all night long.

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Absolutely, I'm glad you brought them in.

This cold snap sticks! And its so funny, because the temps are supposed to double come next week. It's like, jeez, just stay warm ok?

I've prepped a room for Hope and Rudy, and going to pick up a new heat lamp too, since mine appears to be broken.

Luckily my house isn't even halfway "finished" so with putting my tarp done, they can't do any harm to anything.

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Those babies are so darn cute! :love: I can't wait until I have my own Lamancha babies!

11. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    That room was a unfinished room, so we put plastic sheeting down and then hay on top of that. So they have a nice bedding and I dont have to worry about messing up the floor and I have peace of mind that they are in out of the cold.

12. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

that is so neat! :leap:
    I showed my dad the picture and asked, "hey dad, can we do this with my goats?"
    "If it gets down right nastily cold I guess we could," he said musingly, actually thoughtful. "the babies would freeze to death if we kept them out in the barn in below 0 weather. . . I really like that tarp idea is really great."
    o_O. What's happening to my father??? He won't let my 4 little house dogs beyond the garage! *he's absolutely convinced animals, any kind of animals, DO NOT belong in his house.* I think he may have contracted goatie fever. :ROFL:

BTW, your kids are so cute!!!

13. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    The tarps or plastic sheeting makes it easy to clean as well. Just move the goats out, picky it up by the corners, so everything is contained inside like a big trash bag, take it outside, and dump it. Then you can either reuse the same tarp/plastic or put new down.

Depending on the pen size you made it would need to be cleaned every 2 to 4 days so it does not get to dirty and start to smell.

LOL - the men seem to all come around when it comes to the babies. He swore we would never have goats in the house, and this was his ideal or so he thinks. :shades:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are adorable.... congrats :kidblack: :lovey:

Your ..boyfriend... has a kind heart and should be held onto... :wink: :hug: :greengrin:

15. Steph

Steph Senior Member

May 7, 2009
    PA
    My husbands only rule was "no goats in the house". We had babies born Dec. 14 and one of the little does was not nursing the Saturday after she was born. She would stand in one spot and shiver. I knew she would not make it through the night. I told him he could dig a hole or bring her into the house. She was inside with us for a week. When she started to fuss at night guess who picked her up and held her in bed? Not me. lol We put a heat lamp in the barn and a puppy sweater on her. She went back with her mama about 2 weeks ago and she is doing great!

16. How about the ones the broke the bushovers back. LOL :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL: :slapfloor:

Just kidding. I love them all though. The colors are so nice.

How about Apricot or Orchid?