Goats in the news

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by sweetgoats, Sep 11, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I just had to share with you all.
    I sold four goats to a very nice lady and she is big into the fiber part of it.
    Well she just emailed me and told me that the goats were in the news, sort of. They are in a knitting magazine.
    Here is the link to them. :stars: I new they would go to a good home, and I can tell they really are spoiled rotten. I hope the link works.
    http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/dail ... goats.aspx

2. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Re: Goats in the news Sort of.

Excellent article... you must be so proud to be able to claim those goaties came from your herd. Congrats!

3. ArcticGoats

ArcticGoats New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Fairbanks, Alaska

Very Cool!

:thumb:

ps - save me one like Bella next year!!!!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Oh she was sure a doll. I hated to sell her but I told Liz that when Diva kidded I get the doe (if she had one, they were at my house until she kidded, she did not feel comfortable having them kid at her place). I told her that she could have the boy if she had one. Well she did, and he was so beautiful that the Lord needed him more then he thought we did, so he took him. Liz was so understanding and thoughtful. She was more worried about me then the thought that she just lost out on a free goat. (I was crying like a baby when I called to tell her that he died). I gave her Bella but she refused to take her for nothing, she said she had to pay for her.

All I can think is how great full I am to have DEALS like that when I hear about the horror stories from some of you.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Lori, that is such a wonderful article. Really great to hear how appreciative more and more people are to goats....and even more wonderful when they were your goats :love:

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Lori - that's too cool... you're like, famous! :)

I'm glad the situation worked out for you both also, sorry about losing the little boy.

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Lori, wonderful beyond words. :clap: The article was perfect and reading the responses there was sooo fun! She did an excellent job writing about their different personalities.

8. artsy_farmgirl

artsy_farmgirl Goat Fancier

Feb 29, 2008
    Florida
    Congrats on finding such an appreciative home for your goats. I have admired your goats for quite a while now, but I am far away on the east coast. The article was really pleasant and inspirational too and it made me smile reading it. I haven't had cashmeres yet, but have worked with them and really want them when I do get a herd going again(along with hopefully a pair of milkers). Thanks for sharing this happy news. :)

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry about the little guy........... :tears:

10. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats New Member

That is great! You have famous goats! I want some!