The Goat Spot Forum banner
481 - 500 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 · (Edited)
The babies feel so grown up, eating with the big goats.
Plant Working animal Fawn Fence Tree

Sky Felidae Window Wood Fawn

It's very fun to watch the yearlings interact with the new kids. Cleo has zero patience for them. If they get on her nerves, she just wallops them. Sunday, on the other hand, gets roped into playing headbutting games pretty often, and she is really gentle and nice with them. Beaut sometimes gets pulled into the games, too .
Recently, I watched the black kid walk over to where Sunday was laying down, chewing her cud, and pick on her til she got up and played with him. He is also the one who runs along behind Sil and tries to grab a teat and nurse while walking. :rolleyes:

The boys get some fresh grass
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Wood

Some dramatic storm clouds over the pasture
Brown Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape

And I have some new layers in my hair, courtesy of the black and tan buckling. He always tries to nibble on my braid. I had no idea he would actually chew a big chunk out of it!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Wood Gesture Finger Flooring Nail

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
The littles look so cute eating with the bigs! And it is funny how the different yearling interact with their “annoying” little herd mates.

Oh no, a goat hair cut. I’ve had a few chunky layers chomped into my hair as well. It’s never a great look. They are terrible hairstylists.
Goat yoga is a thing. I wonder if goat hairstyling could become the next thing? :unsure: I feel like I've seen goofier trends.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
It's been a rainy few days, but the boys are back out on the land and very happy about it.
Plant Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Groundcover

Vertebrate Grass Groundcover Grassland Wheel

Every spring, Huckleberry gets stir crazy and turns into an absolute terror. That is my signal that they need to get out in the pasture. After a few days of roaming the woods, he is back to being sweet and cuddly again.
Face Smile Skin Eye Goat

Pippi is practicing to be a cow.
She figured out that the cows leave some spilled feed in the milking stanchion, so she goes over there and cleans it up. I usually end up having to bodily lift her front legs, pull her out of the cow stanchion, and bundle her back into the goat pen.
Camelid Wood Deer Door Fawn

Josie and Beaut. Photogenic as always.
Vertebrate Plant Wood Mammal Grass

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Great pictures! I love your mini cow😉 what a good cleaner-upper you have.
Thanks! Those preggo mamas don't pass up any chance to eat.
Pippi is so funny. I can’t imagine Huckleberry being a terror. He’s so lovable! Those are all great pictures. You and your goats are so photogenic.
Aw, thanks! Huckleberry is like the child in the poem, 'when he is good, he is very, very good, and when he is bad, he is horrid'. The reason you haven't seen any pictures with him in a while is because I might have lost an eye if I sat on the ground with him. But now he's gentle and nice again.
I always love your updates, stories and pictures!
Your farm sounds so much fun!
I'm glad you enjoy my posts! I always like seeing what your crew is up to, also!

481 - 500 of 543 Posts