The Goat Spot Forum banner
501 - 520 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
The boys did a great job clearing the woods. I'm trying to keep the honeysuckle at least nominally beaten back, so I can plant stuff in there. I've got iris and surprise lilies. I think it would be nice to add daffodils.
Here are Pippi, Cleo, and Beaut, waiting at the gate.
Plant Wood Tree Grass Trunk

We have barn swallows trying to decide if they want to nest in our barn. One was checking out the goat stall, and Cleo and Beaut were fascinated. They were locked on to that bird, following its every move. Then Belle noticed, and she started watching it, too. I wish I could have gotten a video, but I was milking. We have hours of entertainment for the whole family here.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
H7ckleberry Finn comes to mind
I actually had a Huckleberry and a Finn. Finn went on to a new home, but I still have Huckleberry
Yes, they have such a tough life. Hahaha.

I could just imagine the goats and dogs fascinated by the bird. Too funny.

They all look so good and those babies are getting big!
Thanks! Yeah, Sil's babies will be ready to wean about the time Pippi has her kids. Crazy how fast it goes by!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
What a great technique to learn when you’re a goat kid on the move!! 😆

I love your pictures! So much green, such happy goats (well, except when you have to scream for attention).
Thank you! Yes, we are all enjoying the green! Cleo is such a loud mouth. She always has something to say, but she is one of my most charming and endearing girls. I love having her around.
Beautiful and happy goats. ;)
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
Bit of a sad and happy update.
Mikros, Sil's tiny buckling, did not make it. I am not entirely sure what happened. I had suggested that they treat him for coccidia, but I believe he passed away before they could do it. It is sad, but also a bit of a relief. I could maybe have kept him going, but I know I would have run myself ragged feeding and caring for him on top of everything else I am working on at the moment. My nephew had already decided that he wanted to switch Mikros out for one of his big brothers, so I just gave him Sil's black and white kid. I think the nephew earned it. He put a lot of time into that little one. The black and white kid is going to be named Hercules. He has never ailed a thing, so I think he will do well.

Last photos before I took Hercules to his new home.
Smile Vertebrate Hat Tree Mammal

Clothing Face Hat Smile Fedora

Another nephew helped with chores on Memorial Day. He put on my dad's sun hat, and was a 'cowboy'.
Plant Natural environment Tree Natural landscape Fawn

Plant Vertebrate People in nature Natural landscape Hat

Sky Cloud Plant Fence Working animal

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Funny how "Cowboy" sounds so much more impressive than "Goatboy"!
Great pix, sorry for your loss of Mikros.
Thank you! Yes, 'Goatboy' just doesn't have the same ring to it.
I am still feeling sad whenever I think about Mikros, even though I got the news several days ago. He was such a sweet little dude. He probably would have ended up a permanent lawn ornament if he'd come back here and wreaked havoc on the garden.

501 - 520 of 543 Posts