The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goats got into a bag of corn barley and oats and they have diarrhea. I hope they don’t get bloat. Is there anything I can do for them?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would treat it as if it's Enterotoxemia, giving milk of magnesia and the antitoxin.

Take rectal temps.
Well I lost Bruce, night before last. I guess his bloat was so bad, he laid down and died in our little barn. I went out to check on them during the night and I could not see in the barn but Leo and Bun Bun were down at the other end under the tarp. The Vet was closed at Noon yesterday and my husband did not bring his phone with him so when I got there, I could not get help. I went to drug store and got Milk of Magnesia, some garlic and mineral oil. I also got a Probiotic paste that I have been squirting into the other 3 goats mouths . The vet said no water so it does not ferment. She is closed today. When can I give them water again??

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I will go and fill it now. We lost Bruce last night. He laid peacefully in our barn. Looks like he was sleeping. I feel bad about it. Leo, is one of our smart mischief goats and he got into our food storage shed and they got into the corn, barley.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I will go and fill it now. We lost Bruce last night. He laid peacefully in our barn. Looks like he was sleeping. I feel bad about it. Leo, is one of our smart mischief goats and he got into our food storage shed and they got into the corn, barley.
The goat with the white band is Bruce. He and his brother Josh are 4 years old. I saved them from a slaughter farm in Phillipsburg, MT.

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
Awe..im sorry you lost one. ((Hugs)) hope the others rally for you?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. :-(
Please try get electrolytes into your babies. How many days has it been now since they got into the feed?
Good luck with the other babies. Goat prayers sent your way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts