The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wether buck still doesn't have pure pellets there logs form or a hard clump or grape cluster formed there no sign of sickness at all no fever we had a fecal done and no worms no signs of coccidiosis we have tried the fir Heble started using Friday using Probitics vet has checked has healthy sounding rumen function not sure what else to be giving he get a handful of the dumor grain and a flake of hay twice a day I don't know the brand of hay it's just a normal grass cut hay don't know what else to tell you will not anemic no bottle jaw

· I'm watching you
22,734 Posts
It usually doesn't get bad enough to kill them. It can cause weak pasterns and rough hair coat. A good loose mineral is usually enough for a wether unless you area is really deficient.

I think I would try taking him off the pelleted grain and giving him dry whole oats mixed with alfalfa pellets at about 1 part oats and 2 parts alfalfa pellets. It could be that he's reacting to the sugar or chemicals in the processed feed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.