God's Love Farm ~ working hard on the website ~ lots new

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by Alexis, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Alexis

Alexis New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Hello out there (:) Did you eat too much on Thanksgiving? I did ...ugh ! LOL just wanting to announce that I have put up many pedigrees and pages on my website. Lots of work but it keeps me out of the cold. Much love, Carlene http://lamiae.meccahosting.com/~a000529d/gpage.html

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: God's Love Farm ~ working hard on the website ~ lots ne

Beautiful goats you have there...... :thumb: :greengrin: :love:

I notice.... on your site.... that things are really big ...words and some pics....so it is throwing your pictures and words off the page.... Is there anyway... you can make things a little smaller... so it is centered on the page? :wink: ..... it would make it nicer... to view.... instead of having to move the page.... to the right to finish reading.... your wonderful site and to view pics...ect.... Just a thought..... :greengrin: :thumb: Other than that.... your site is wonderful.....great job... :thumb: :thumbup:

3. Alexis

Alexis New Member

Nov 21, 2010

hi ...don't get to post much but I think eventually I'll get the hang of it LOL
    can anyone tell me if the words and pictures are still too big on my site?
    http://lamiae.meccahosting.com/~a000529d/gpage.html

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Yes... they are still big.... :( can you make the font size smaller on your website program?

5. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois

I think what's throwing your page out of whack is the picture titled "milking two goats.jpg" – it's 1280x960 pixels. Generally, 600 pixels on the widest side is the biggest you'd want to put up on the web. :)

Personally, I've done all of my websites through Wordpress.com (it's main purpose is actually blogging, but you can make it work as a regular website, too), simply because it's easy to put content up (it does all the design work – all you have to do is write the text and upload the pics), it looks great, and it's free. There are other hosting sites out there, too (I've heard good things about Webs. Just an extra two cents. :)