Godspeed Bear( a kitty) Horrible accident

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by dobe627, Jun 9, 2009.

1. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Wow, yesterday was shitty. As some of you know I have a grooming shop here on the farm. I also had Bear, a rescue kitty that was pretty old ( we figure 15ish). His time was near but oh God the way-ugh. He's been limping and getting a little slower, but still got around pretty good, although slowly. We think his hearing was going. But he knew the kitty treats were in the grooming shop, and at night everyone got- that's how I checked everyone, gave out meds, frontline whatever. Well yesterday morning he had come over when I went in, and I said " later Bear", I gotta get ready for my 1st client. And usually he would just go off to the side of the building and lay down knowing I would throw a treat out as soon as I could. Well one of my nicest clients came in, dropped off her dog and we talked a few minutes. I have a large window in front and I saw her pull out then back up, and honk, I looked out there was poor Bear, I threw max in a cage and ran out but he was gone. She had ran him over. OMG did she feel terrible, and seeing me standing there holding you crying made it worse. You were a good guy, you deserved better. But I believe it was quick. So Godspeed to the bridge guy, I know you are whole agian and feel young with no pain ever agian. I will miss you "not mewing" ( he would open his mouth but nothing came out). I know your kitty buddy Jr misses you alot too. Love you buddy
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    oh I am so sorry! it is so hard to let them go but to have it be an accident is heart breaking. :hug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry .... you lost bear...... :( ........my heart goes out to you...... :hug:
  4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry! I lost one of my fav animals the same way! I am so sorry! :hug: :tears:
    Take care :hug:
  5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :( I'm so sorry you lost Bear :hug:
  6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: So sorry he went in such a tragic way! How horrible for you and your client :hug:
  7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry that you lost your guy. The client must feel horrible. I am so sorry.
  8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard, but now he is no longer suffering. I know that is easy to say but hard to accept.

:hug: I am so sorry.
  9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    So sorry for your loss of Bear. :hug: