Going Crazy---- Problem Solved. :)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Idahodreamer, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

She's got 40 days to go and she's not showing at all. She seriously does not look bred---have you ever had does carrying singles who didn't look like she was carrying until kidding? I've been seriously thinking these past few months she hasn't got nothin in there. :(

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Re: Going Crazy---- Oppinions on a doe on day 109

Is she starting a bag at all? I have a couple does that carry very deep.... these does won't look prego from the top or the back.... their bellies just get closer to the floor the last month. The only doe I have who carries deep that I can always tell is prego is Socks.... and that is because she always has quads.

3. Idahodreamer

She hasn't yet. That's also the reason why I'm worrying. Her pooch is telling me preggers, but body wise and udder wise, nothing's changing. Her mood swings have become more and more frequent these past few weeks though. :shrug:

4. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

I had 2 does last year do the same thing to me....turned out they both had cloudbursts/false pregnancies. Is there any way you can get her ultrasounded or x-rayed? This year I'm definitely doing a blood test or ultrasound.

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

A blood test could still come back positive with a cloudburst- because the hormones are all funky to cause the false pregnancy and can read that they are pregnant, when in fact they actually arent.
    This is explains why some does actually go into labor as well with a false pregnancy- all the chemical signs are there, just no fetus/placenta
    :thumbup:

Only sure bet is ultrasound/xray

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

I drew blood and sent it in last year about a month before my girls were due. They came back as being open. The fact that they both had cloudbursts was VERY rare, especially since they were bred at different farms. I took them to the vet to make sure in fact they were cloudbursts. I posted pics of one of my girls on here when she had the sac hanging out of her last year.

7. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Right- It can come back correct- but you can also get false positives

and actually- isnt there a window that you should test in?

I know with other pregnancy tests the hormone that the test picks up is strongest at a certain point in the pregnancy, then actually lessens towards the end.
    Maybe thats what happened with your girls?
    Since they were so far "into their pregnancies" that hormone was too low to show up on test anyhow

BioPryn says to test as close to 30 days as you can

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Talitha, at this point in her pregnancy you will feel kid movement. Get her on the milkstand and gently push upward in front of her udder...you will feel a kid in there if she is preggy.

Also, if she is an experienced doe, she may not start to fill her udder until a week or 2 from delivery. My Binkey has 26 days til she hits 145 and she's not even started to fill her udder and shes a 4th timer.

9. Idahodreamer

Thanks you guys. :)
    I am going to try and 'feel' a kid when I go down to check on the goats this afternoon.
    She's a second freshener, Liz and going on four this year so she's been dry for almost two years.
    I am going to have a very deep discussion with that silly girl. :p

10. Idahodreamer

Re: Going Crazy---- Mystery Solved . . .if you could cal it that

I FELT THE BABY BUMP!!! :leap: . I don't know how I am going to stand the next 40 days of waiting. :GAAH:

She definitely carrying really deep. :shocked: my gosh, I didn't even notice how deep she was until I put my hands on her tummy!
    I am going to hunt up some pics of her when she was empty in July.
    So She is preggers *thank goodness* but unless she does a growth spirt within the next 20 days, I firmly believe there is only a singe in there.
    :pray: One little gold doeling please. :pray:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad you felt that kid!! Wait til her gut is emptyish and try again, you will feel kicks cause it seems that kids are most active when they have more room to move around.

12. Idahodreamer

OK Liz. I am gonna put her up on the milk stand again tonight.
    :ROFL: For the next forty days my hand's gonna be on her belly 24/7! :ROFL:

13. Idahodreamer

Yup there is most definitely a baby in there. :) it was kicking like crazy. She >Daisy< kept jumping too. :love: