The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
We've used a b12 human pill in a pinch, when my Little Guy was off and we didn't know why. It REALLY made a difference.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello again. Just want to post a concern. He still will not run but walks around with his tail up. He will slowly lie down and the he will reposition his back end occasionally. He is eating and drinking and peeing and pooping ok. Fecal came back negative for everything. Should I be concerned that maybe the band is not tight enough? Is there some way if checking if things are on track? My husband thinks I am crazy, always thinking something is wrong. I will recheck temp but two nights ago is was under 103. I could take a picture if that might help. Oh and there is no swelling and no obvious infection. However, when I very lightly touch them they feel slightly warm, I thought they would be cold by now? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow!! My vet told me they believe it inhumane to band their testicles after 1 month, she crushed my pygmys with a metal clamp! He screamed bloody murder but was fine afterwards.... Now I have my 11 week old to do and I can't decide to bad or go back to the vet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just an update. I worry for nothing so it seems. He is doing just fine. They have hardened up and he is full of energy. All is well. I will keep an eye on them though!

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
Depending on the size you use...some bands are not made as small as they used to and can take longer to do its job..sounds like your little man is well on his way..

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Our bucklings were pretty lethargic for 2-3 days after banding.. I wouldn't worry too much :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts