The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekend is almost here. I can't wait to go to "Goat School" in Maine. I missed it last year and made sure I was on the mailing list. 5 hour drive, but I know it'll be worth it.

Here's a link, if you've never heard of it.

http://www.goatschool.com/

It's basically two days of all you could/should ever want/need to know about owning goats. I am also staying for the soap making class on Monday. Woohoo! so excited :stars::cool::stars::cool::stars:

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Wow...that looks great!
I've never heard of Goat School before.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
The Spauldings have done fairs all over Maine (etc). I remember meeting them back about 7-8 years ago when we first thought of having goats - I think it was at Maine's Fiber Frolic. They used to have Angoras and meat goats. Which is how we're at the place we're at now with Milkers and Angoras.

I hope you have a great time at Goat School :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Katrina;

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Goat School has been around since 2004 and we've had hundreds and hundreds of people from all over the world... yes the world... Mexico, Canada, Nigeria just to name a few. Unfortunately we are better known across the United States and Canada than we are here at home. Saint Albans Maine is just 15 minutes from Interstate 95 at exit 150. Half way between Waterville and Bangor. Please check out our website www.goatschool.com because we are doing a School in Minnesota in two weeks... possibly one in Dawson Creek Canada in Sept. ( more info coming) and one confirmed in Hillsboro OH in late September. Please spread the word.

Thanks!

Ken Spaulding
www.goatschool.com

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just another reason for me to wish we still lived in New Hampshire! :( Boo. Wish they had something like this in South Louisiana! Looks awesome!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
That sounds way cool!! Have fun!

Ugg I know! Rain here in southern NH :p rain rain go away.. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those pictures were taken at one of our Goat Schoosl a couple years ago. Lots of fun.

Everything is ready for tomorrow... Looks like we'll be in the barn but around 4:30 we'll head out on a "field trip" and do some goat milking. That's always exciting. Sunday will be hood trimming, ear tagging and vaccinations. Our friend Tina has been saving cadaver hooves to practice on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts