Going to India!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    One of our milk customers is originally from India and she's going there to visit family, so she invited me along and I couldn't refuse! I'll be gone for two months but my mom will be taking care of the goats for me and I've got a friend on standby in case she needs anything.

I've never been away from my girls before for this long so I'm a bit nervous :p

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I can't blame you... for being nervous......I would be too....2 months is a long time ....but being asked to go on a nice trip like that... is Awesome... :thumb: :greengrin: ... try to have fun.....we will miss you by the way.... :wink:
    maybe call once in a while... to check up on things at home...... Pics would be real nice... love to see... what it is like..... :greengrin: :wink: :thumb: :hug:

3. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What an exciting opportunity! Good for you! What a great experience that will be. Ditto on the pictures.

Jan

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Awesome! I would be nervous too but I am sure you're leaving your goaties in good hands :) Have a great time!

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What an awesome opportunity for you!
    Wonderful of your friend to ask you to go along...I'm sure your mom is very capable and your goats will be in good hands. :hug:

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    What a great oppurtunity, you GO girl!!

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks guys! I'll be sure to post lots of pics when I get back(or if I can when I'm over there I will) I'm not exactly sure how my internet situation will be, I'll have access once every two weeks or so. I leave on Monday :D

I'll be staying at my customer's grandparents, they live on a coconut plantation by the ocean. Its really cool because everybody over there is sustainable. In that neighborhood everybody has coconuts and two cows to support their families :)

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome .... :thumb:

Sounds great..... :hi5: :wink:

9. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Have fun and take lots of pics for us! :leap:

10. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Ooooh theres nothing like fresh coconut!! The stuff we get here is pathetic.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Nancy, I know what you mean, coconut here is bleh compared to fresh :) They feed their cows coconut pulp thats left over from making oil, I bet that is some sweeeeeeet milk.

Well I leave tonight, I felt like crying when I was doing chores this morning, I'm going to miss my babies so much :( I'll try and lurk around here on TGS but if anybody wants to follow me, most of you know me on facebook and you can also follow me on my blog: http://lifeisabeautifullie.blogspot.com

I'm gonna miss you guys! Happy kidding season!

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i am.... SOOO JEALOUS.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We are goin to miss ya 2.... Be safe.... :grouphug:

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, how cool is that. I assume you are gone, but I hope you have a great time. What a experiance you will have.

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hey guys! I got here on Wednesday(travel time took two days since we traveled through so many time zones) I've been quite jetlagged all week but I have been able to do some site seeing. I'm having a lot of fun and adjusting to the food, once you get used to it spicy food is addicting.

Here's a link to some recent pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... b6f265710b

Enjoy!

16. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Took a quick peek, WOW! Did the Boer sign indicate meat or live animals? Im gonna make a freind request. I use my middle intital & my avatar is self explanatory.

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Got your friend request :)

It was a mutton stall, but I'm pretty sure that any meat you get is butchered fresh since most of these places don't have refrigeration. The goats don't look like that though, trust me :p

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh thanks for the pics... :thumbup: ....love ....each and everyone of them....what a beautiful place to be..... I want to be you.... :laugh: :thumb:

19. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Looks very neat!! :) I hope your having loads of fun!!! :greengrin:
    Please keep the pics coming!! :clap: