The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I post a lot of weird questions, but I just want to make sure I’m doing things right for my goats,
So I got my new Nigerian dwarf doeling and she is 12 weeks old and was bottle fed, and since she 12 weeks old I’m starting her on a herbal dewormer i give my other goats, I usually make the dewormer peanut butter ball treats because my goats won’t eat the dewormer mixed with their feed, so I made her one and she wouldn’t eat it, I heard of people drenching their goats with the dewormer mixed with water and a little molasses, so that’s what I did, she literally sucked it out of the syringe like a bottle, I know it’s not good to give goats water in a bottle because it goes to the wrong stomach, since she sucking the dewormer out of the syringe like a bottle , is it going to the wrong stomach, like if I would feed her water from a bottle

·
Super Moderator
32,251 Posts
She will be fine doing it that way. We do a herbal tea here. It goes where it needs to 😉
Feeding water from a bottle is dangerous not because it goes to wrong stomach. It causes water toxicity basically. Goat-link.com has a good article on that you might enjoy reading

Ps we love crazy questions. Keep them coming!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts