Going to watch our first shows this weekend!

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by HoosierShadow, Sep 2, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Well, tomorrow evening, and Saturday are the ABGA and IBGA shows about 20 minutes from us. I can't get the flier for the shows to open on my desktop computer, so I can't give the details, but I do know what time to be there, and that tomorrow evening they will have the youth whether show. They have 2 shows on Saturday one in the am and one in the pm. I am not sure what all we will get to go to, but we do plan on being there tomorrow night. Might get to go on Saturday for a while as well.

So anyway we are pretty excited to get to go. I plan on taking my camera, so we'll see if I can get any decent pics.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    have lots of fun :) I always love watching when I am not participating

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Have a great time.... :thumb:

4. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    We went to the show for a couple of hours, and walked around. It was a state Boer show tonight for 4-H kids. OMG, talk about some beautiful boers! I didn't take my camera in as where we were watching from wouldn't have made for good pics anyway.
    The entire time I was there I was thinking....how in the world are we gonna get our goats looking like that? LOL
    We're going to get the kids enrolled in 4-H next week, and start their meetings. And hopefully this winter we'll get some decent looking kids from our girls so our kids have some goats to show :)

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds like.... it was enjoyable.....you learn alot by watching.... :wink: :thumb:

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks, and I agree Pam, you definitely do. I think seeing those kids showing their goats gained some confidence in my oldest daughter. This would be a huge deal for her to get into 4-H, my son too, but he is soooo shy, but I told him, he won't know if he likes it until he tries it :) I think when we get them signed up and going to meetings they will make friends and have fun learning about the goats.

I was going to go watch the show this evening, but may not get to go as I was planning to give the kids their cd/t and get feet trimmed... but we'll see, as I'd be interested in the adult showing of the goats.

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    go to the show! take pictures!! :)

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I wanted to go this afternoon but couldn't get done in time :( I love how you get up early, try to get everything done, and the day just flies by. We did have fun last night though :) We walked around and looked at all the goats in their pens, etc.

One thing that threw me off is the fact... One doe had the tips of her ears turned up - we have a buckling that was born like this with his tips turned up, I thought this counts against them and isn't real acceptable in a show ring?