Golden Blend Mineral pricing.

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by jaytori220, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Melbourne, Fl.
    FYI....For those who use Golden Blend minerals I did some research since I purchased a 25 lb bag of it from Hoeggers. Then I found out that I can order it directly from custom milling alot cheaper even with shipping! Here is the email I received this morning. The first is my email and the second is her reply.

After doing some research on goat minerals I came accross the Golden Blend Minerals. I read a post from an online goat forum that it is able to be purchased through you at retail price. Is this correct? I now purchase it from Hoeggers and was told even with shipping it is alittle cheaper through you and it can be delivered directly to my home. Can you give me some more info on retail pricing through you and the shipping rates to 32904 Florida.
    Thanks, Tori

Hi Tori,
    Yes, you can order the minerals directly from us. The 20lb goat mineral is $15.50 + 16.27 shipping and the 50lb goat mineral is $27.95 + 23.94 shipping. If you decide to order you will have to call me toll free at 877-348-3048.

Thanks,
    Sharon

2. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    There is a huge price difference. I also called and to ship it to CT (from down south) it is 20lb 15.50 plus 18.10 shipping, and 50lb 27.95 plus 30.77 shipping. Although the shipping seems high when you compare the prices to hoegger it is between 15-25$ cheaper! Good to know for us Northern folks!

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks for the FYI...that is great to know! I ordered DE from Custom Milling....can remember what the weight was, but huge bag for like $30 something.....I thought that was really cheap!

4. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    oh good to know. We use that too!

5. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Hey guys - does no one near you carry the brand who makes it? Because if they order from the manufacturer for other stuff you could save a big chunk off shipping! Like, if you have a feed store that carries Nutrena but doesn't have the goat feed for dairy does then they can order it from their supplier and wont charge you shipping. My local feed store carries SweetLix but not the mineral I use, but they just order it for me (3 bags a time) and I buy one at a time). Just an idea! Might be worth making some phone calls ;)

6. bessmiller

bessmiller New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Talking Rock, GA
    Ooo, that is great information! I love saving $$$ when I can. :) Thanks!

7. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Nice find!
    I usually try to always have enough to buy to qualify for free shipping with Hoeggers, but clearly they still have some of the cost in their product.
    When I run out I usually get a local goat mineral until I buy a big order again, which cost's more anyway!
    Thanks!!

8. Goat_lover

Goat_lover New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    They've recently bumped up the shipping cost to $28.86..... :(