Goldthwaite

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by GoldenSeal, Dec 2, 2010.

1. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    As many of you know I'm bringing in two Saada bucks for my does in 2011. After getting these two I think my next bucks will be from Goldthwaite for the 2012 breeding year. What do you all think of their goats? I noticed there isn't very many udder shots on their website. Anyone seen their goats up close and personal? Also, which does do you like of theirs and why? Do they dam raise? I couldn't find any information on how they raise their babies on their website.

I'll just add their website here.... http://goldthwaite-nubians.tripod.com/ They breed nubians.

2. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I had a peek at their site and I must admit, I like the Saada nubians better. What is it about them that you like???

3. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    If you go back a couple generations on the Saada herd you'll find a lot of Goldthwaite stock. I like their udders and I really like the fact that they have a lot of m stars

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Personally, I like the Goldthwaite nubians because their Nubians are of an older style: big does with lots of body capacity(and they breed for MILK) but despite this, they still have great dairy character and general appearance. Their LA scores speak for themselves...

5. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    From looking at the does they definitely look like their udders have HUGE capacities! Yes, I do agree with you I love the old style nubians quite a bit too and this was one of the reason I am debating going with two of their bucks to complete my herd. They do well in the show ring as well as the milk bucket as far as I can tell. I think two bucks from the Saada herd and two bucks from the Goldthwaite herd would do well with my does.