Gone

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rocky_ridge_goats, Jan 5, 2011.

1. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Cricket has been taken to the Livestock auction. He's waiting in a stall to be sold. I've got Bill calmed down and in the barn. I'm so tired.

Just lettin' y'all know that I'm okay and he's going to be okay.

2. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that had.. to be hard to do.... :hug:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Well I think I missed the first part of this and who Bill is but I think you need a :hug:

5. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    :grouphug: :grouphug:

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I went and read your blog. I really like it, you are writing very well on it.

I'm sorry about Cricket, but there is no room, especially in your circumstances, for a goat that might hurt you, or will hurt you. And others too. You were right to put them first. Probably you might want to avoid having a buck for a few years. Bill is a wether, right? If he isn't maybe you could get that done before he starts having raging hormones. He sounds like a doll, and you are doing a great training job. I have a 9 month old wether kid named Bill, and he is also pretty much irresistible. Not trained like your Bill, though.

Maybe you could get another wether kid or even a doeling to keep Bill company one of these days. But it sounds like you spend a lot of time with him, that means a lot.

Jan

7. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I can relate to that. These transitions, however bittersweet, are so tiring, even when things work out for the best. Hang in there.

8. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    StacyRoop- Bill's my wether Saanen. He's an angel.

lissablack- Yeah, Bill's a wether. I'm saving for a Boer or a Nubian doeling. I'm definitely never going to have a buck again. Ever.

Thanks everyone for the hugs. I needed them really badly. Not many people close to me understand. I'm glad you guys do.