Goo?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by magilacudy, Mar 25, 2010.

1. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Ok Luna has a colored goo. it looks brownish-yellowish. I've noticed evertime I go in the barn tonight Bella is standing at Lunas pen. Ligs I think are gone. This is still my first time with ligs, but yesterday I felt the pencil like things and tonight I feel nothing. I looked at the pics on Fiasco and she has the hunched look. Should I be staying in the barn tonight? Sorry dont mean to keep so may q's going but its my first time. :oops:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would check her every hour now and then if she looks closer you can go to every half hour checking

3. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    The goo is not much, its on her hole. She was nibbling some hay. She does not look to be contracting. Will be monitoring throughout the night. Bella still very interested in her.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well it could be her plug then

when is she due?

5. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    No clue when she's due, guy said a week to two on Tuesday. I have left the light on in the barn tonight, do you think that may bother her?

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How is she today..?

If she hasn't kidded yet...
    I would keep and eye on her...seeings how you don't know the due date... and her ligs are gone...

No... the night light... being on.... will not bother her.... :wink: :hug:

7. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Things are moving along. I'll post details under her kidding thread. I think we're in labor :S

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Snot with a tad of blood today.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Is she acting in any distress....?

when you said ...you thought she was in labor Friday, how was she acting?

I would of thought... she would of had them by now.... can you clean up you hands and go in with 2 fingers...and see.... if she is open..if she is ...she may need help.... a kid may be stuck... :hug:

11. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    She looks and acts perfect. I thought she was in labor Friday because of her being up and down and the stretching. Then when she rolled on her side and just layed there for a while. But I have never seen any of this before so it could just be her getting ready. I posted some new pics in the waiting thread. I would go in, but she's not looking like she's having a problem or that shes even uncomfortable. I don know what to do. :S