Good Bye BuckWheat.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by sweetgoats, Jan 28, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well we gave Buck Wheat to a friend and she has shown him for several years.

Patty the mom called last night while I was at my other job and told me that something was wrong with him and to come over. I could not leave my job so she told me what was going on. OK, HE is Bloated. Get baking soda balls in him and get him up and walking. Do not stop. well they did that for several hours. At 10:00 they tried to walk him but they could not get him to move at all. They gave him more baking soda balls and water. Well he started to get up a bi ton his own, and was butting at the other goats to get away. OK we thought he was getting better. Then she called and said that he was worse and I told her to get him to the Vet now. She and another person loaded him up and took him to the Vet. As patty went back from telling them she was there she went back out to be with him and he was dead.
    The vet said he was the third goat in a week that had signs of bloat and they could not get rid of it and they were toxic. I have no idea what toxic meant to them and she did not ask.
    Buck Wheat, you were sure a strong will guy and a butt at time but you were just like your mom when it came to the show ring, you loved showing and you loved to strut you stuff. Everyone would say how pretty you were and how proud you were in that ring.

You are no longer in pain and you are in Greener pastures with my Liz. RIP Buck Wheat you will be forever loved. :tears: :tears:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh Lori :hug: I am so sorry that he passed.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: I am so sorry Lori, he had a great life.

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    sorry for your loss Lori :cry:

Interesting though, I'm on the other side of the world and we are having problems with bloat only in our bucks, too.