Good bye Danny~Boy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Victoria, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    As we opened him up my eight year old Irish Terrier for exploratory surgery yesterday, I thought it would be absolutely nothing at all, but we had to know why he refused to eat for two weeks now, even though the blood work, xrays, and ultrasound were all normal...the words "I can't fix him Victoria" are still echoing in my head, and the feeling of just wanting to run away overtakes me. Danny Boy had a cancerous tumor surrounding his pancreas...there was no way to fix it..no way at all, I am still in shock, my heart is shattered, I cannot believe he is forever gone. We buried him in my garden last night, under a moon lit sky. We covered his lifeless body with rose pedals , in his deep grave, I put a soft pillow for his head as he was used to sleeping that way, and after putting his warm red coat on him, my nephew helped me lower him with a soft blanket that I wrapped snuggly around his body..It was so hard to put him in the ground, and cover him. It was like burying my child. We had such a loving connection , there was so much love he had to share...he loved every single soul he ever met, even if they didn't love him...he raised kittens and squirrels, rabbits, and baby goats. Raised up many pups, and most importantly children. My little neice Aleigha called him "uncle Danny" when she was a little tot..He touched so many lives in so many ways..he knew tricks in sign , he did agility, loved helping with the chores!! He especially loved bringing his stinky old bones into my bed to hide!! Ick!!Most of all he loved to run and play..I hope to get some closure from writing this, and will ask Olivia to post my favorite picture of him...
    Oh, Danny Boy..I love you so...

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh Victoria.....I am so very, very, very sorry :hug: ..........They are our children, I loss one 7yrs ago and I still miss him.......he to is buried in my flower garden, we call that flowerbed... Dudley's Garden.

Take care, Denise

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry :hug: I just went through the same exact thing in July with an 11 year old rott. She quit eating and was loosing weight quick. I started palpating her and I could feel the tumor. I tried to get her to eat for a week, and she wouldn't, and we had to put her to sleep. My heart goes out to you - it is hard - but at least he is not suffering any longer. Keep his memories close to your heart, and with that - he never will be truly without you. :hug:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Victoria, I am so so sorry.

I know no words can not help you heal, only time can. I can only say that you gave Danny-Boy the best life he could of asked for. He was in heaven here on earth until the time came for his final call.

Your story brought tears rolling down my face, and I am afraid I will be going through the same thing very soon.

Lord, I pray that you will wrap your arms around Victoria and the family as they are so hurting at this time. Lord, please let them know that Danny -Boy is now pain free and running free. :wave: :wave:

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Picture of sweet Danny-Boy:

[​IMG]

I'm so sorry Tony, Victoria, and Hannah. :hug:

7. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Thanks guys for your kind thoughts and words, it really means alot. Thanks for posting the picture of him Olivia..
    His grave is turning into a beautiful flower bed..I collect heart shaped rocks, this is were they will all be going..My friend Judy gave me a beautiful bird bath, which sits atop his head, and is now surrounded by heart rocks. He was such a constant positive energy in my life. He was always ready to do what I asked..in his own way...I still can not believe he is gone...I have lost many many animals these past few years..but none like my boy...every minute I spent with him is now a treasure...

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry for the loss of your dear boy. :hug:

He's in a better place now and no longer in pain.

9. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :tears: Awww, I'm so sorry... :hug:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Victoria, He is gone but NEVER FORGOTTEN

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  12. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    I am so sorry for you....We've had it happen many times (it doesn't matter how many dog you may have it still hurts)
    so I am feeling for you.... :(

13. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so very sorry for your loss. The memories are definitely our treasures that get us through times like these. Thinking of you.