Good Bye Little Bit

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by sparks879, May 30, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

This afternoon the weather was warm and sunny. So i thought i would take a few girl out to graze. We have some waist high grass behind the house. I tied Dixie, and let little bit run free. She always sticks with her cousin. I was getting hay for the babies and goats that were in the pens still. Came around the house about five minutes after i put little bit and dixie out. Little bit was laying in a rumpled heap at the bottem of the hill. I started screaming and ran to her but it was too late. The best we can figure is she mis stepped off the edge and the weight of her belly (she was due in a few days) threw her off balence. There are slide makrs on the hill where she feel. We think she fell on her head and broke her neck. I feel absolutly horrible that i wasnt there. She didnt cry out and neither did dixie. Its just one of those freak accidents.
    Little Bit will be terribly missed. She was the only daughter i have from my all time favorite doe Cally.
    http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... juru-1.jpg
    little bit is the doe in the foreground, she has always been a trouble maker, climbing on the roof of the house, getting into everything she could.
    rest in peace little bit.
    beth

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh my Beth I am SO SORRY :tears: :hug: I can't imagine your loss :cry:

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh my I am so sorry. I lost a preggy doe in much the same way, atleast you know she didn't suffer, the doe I lost had to have suffered, which made it so much harder :tears:

:grouphug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh my Beth,.I am so sorry! What a horrible accident....My Sympathies :hug:

5. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    So sorry about your loss Beth. I feel so lucky to have Cally and would also be deeply heartbroken to have lost a Cally daughter. I am speechless...............................
    Sue

6. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    How sad... :cry: I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

7. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    :( sorry to hear of your loss :grouphug:

8. doneroamingacres

doneroamingacres New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Sayre,PA
    I'm SOOO sorry about your loss! Its sad to loose an animal friend.
    Kelsey

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    What a terrible accident-I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your girl.
    I looked at the picture and thought what a beautiful place full of happy goats. So fine for them. And it still is- this was just a awful accident.
    And of course you're being there would not have stopped it from happening- If you had been standing a couple of feet from her, it would have happened - please don't feel bad- you were giving them a wonderful opportunity for a good life.
    :grouphug:

10. Candy

Candy New Member

I'm so-o-o sorry for your loss. I understand :sigh: I still get tears when I think of the first one I lost.
    Candy

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She was a beautiful girl, I'm so sorry for your loss :hug: :(

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks you all. IM getting better. its so hard to pull into the driveway and see exactly where she fell everytime i come home. the herd is slowly adjusting. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
    beth