The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first goat, Millie, passed today. :( I retired her from breeding and had her over at my grandparents to live, so I had more room for my show/breeding does. I had planned on bringing her back over here this summer when we got a bigger barn, because her hooves started growing really weird. I don't know if she foundered or what happened...the only thing different over there would have been the horse feed, which could have done it. She only got about a cup a day and the other doe's feet are fine. :whatgoat: Anyways, I wanted to keep up on her feet better. But when my Grandma went out to do chores this evening she was gone. She was fine this morning...Grandpa said she ate her grain and was at the hay feeder like always. She was flat on her side...it didn't look like she struggled or anything, though. Almost like she just fell over. The vet had told us she had a heart murmur a couple of years back when she was there because we almost lost her to milk fever. I am figuring her heart gave out on her. She would have been 8 years old on the 10th.

I feel really bad, because I was just over there wed. hanging out with my cousin, who was visiting from MO, and I didn't even go see her. :tears:

Good bye MeMo.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your special Millie. :(

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I am so sorry for you loss. It is very hard. Maybe she did not want you to see her. God knows what he is going. She is pain free and in greener pastures now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts