Good Bye sweet Thumpkin

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by sweetgoats, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I have a doe that just loves her babies so much and she will not wean her for anything and a friend said just bring her here and when Gracie (mom) is dried up she can go home.

Well Gracie is dry and they said that Thumpkin is like best friends with Presley their market goat and they go everywhere together. Because they have Thumpkin in with her, Presley now stays in her pen and they follow each other around it is so sweet. They asked if they could keep her until fair, because Presley eats well with my Thumpkin in with her.

Well, they sent me a text the other day and said that one of THEIR baby goats was dead, because their dogs ran it to death. I asked how my Thumpkin was doing and they said fine, the dogs were not in with her.

I met with them and spent several hours with them on Sunday and they called me when we got home. My friend was balling, and I just new what that meant. The dogs got out again and this time killed ALL the babies at the house INCLUDING Thumpkin. :tears:

These dogs have never ever gotten out, and they have never ever chased a goat before. Well this time they did the Never evers.

I am so sick because Thumpkin was just the sweetest little girl. She had a personality like no other. She would come up and paw at you to pet her and just to say hi. She was a beautiful Silver color, the longest eyelashes and sweetest face.

I know this means she was just way to precious to be with me and the lord needed her.

I will sure miss her.

I feel so bad for the family that had them. They feel so bad, and they new how much I loved this little girl. I do not at all blame them, it is just so sad.

I Love you Thumpkin.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am so Sorry for your loss. Such a terrible thing that happened! :( :hug: :hug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loss .. :( ..my heart goes out to you.... :hug:

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :tears: I am so sorry. :hug: Do you have any pictures of her?

Gina

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so sorry Lori :hug:

6. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    I am so sorry :(

That is just tragic. :sigh:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Here is a picture of my baby. It was a while ago.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It just kills me that I did not get any pictures of her before I sent her over.

8. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I am so sorry for the loss of your little girl. :hug:

9. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Aw. She has beautiful wavy hair. I'm sorry you lost her. I know how I would feel if I lost Ben. Funny how they can become such an important part of your life in such a short time. :hug:

Gina

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh Lori......I am so sorry :hug: .....I just chased a big dog off my property this morning.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thank you all.

It is so hard to say good bye. we did not see her before they laid her to rest and I am glad. I am afraid I would of totally lost it.

I do not know what they did to the dogs. Like I said they are their dogs, and they have never done this before. Now I normally would say kill them, but the dogs never drew any blood at all, and I in my heart know they were just trying to play with the goats. They took them to the humane Society but they told them they would euthanize them, so they did not leave them (thank you lord).

We have a big show in two weeks, I had to call and cancel them all from the classes, I do not what the kids to even hear the goats names being called. I wanted nothing at all to have their names. I was able to get another goat added to the classes for one of the 4H girls. She bought one of my goats, but I told her she could not take her to Estes because she just had babies, but becasue of this I called them and they went ahead and added them, and did it way after the deadline.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She was so adorable..... :hug:

13. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    What a beautiful Thumkin. I am greiving with you Lori.