Good News For Once

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Coraxfeather, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well this afternoon I went out ot check on some sick little donkeys we have on the farm and I heard a little yell. So I ran over two find two very wet little baby goats. Sunshine and Dew Drop are now my little girls. There mother would not nurse them so I am now there mother. Pictures will be comen shortly. I am in for a bussie night. They have already imprint on me and Pancakes is not a happy big brother. They are in my arms right now sleeing. Can not go to far away from them with out one of them crying out.

2. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    the reason no pics is that my batteries need to recharge for my cameria

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on the new "Christmas" babies!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats on your new little girls.... :)

Is the doe a first time mom?
    If so ...you may have to teach her ....how to be a momma....you may have to tie her up....and
    may also have to hold her back leg... if she tries to kick the little ones off....with a little time and patience she will become a good momma....Keep an eye on them ..and go out often..to make sure she feeds them ....even if ..you have to hold her......Don't wait to long though...or she will disown them ...
    Do you have a heat lamp for them?
    pen them in a smaller area ...so she can bound with them..... :hug:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations!! How exciting!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the new babies. I know you will enjoy it so much!!! :leap:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. WOW you finally have some GREAT News.

Did they by chance get Colostrum that they need? I hope so. I can not wait to see pictures. Now Pancake will have new buddies. :stars:

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Ma ma head butted the little ones into the side of the pen for there safty they are now bottle babies. No she is not a new mother. Sometimes she nursen them and then sometimes she dose not. Penny is kind of a funny goat. The little ones are perfect. They got there colstume. Well store bought stuff. They are just so cute. Last night was ruff. From looking in to the other animals in the barn to haven them go off every hours and a half to two hours I do nto think I got any sleep. Batteries are findly charged and going to get cute baby pics of them. I do know there plumming is working good. I have changed my cloths a few times.

They are going to be keep in the house until they are a little bigger then they are going into a baby pen that is set up in the basement for the older babies that do not require so much care. That will not be until they are at least weeks old. My boss is plannign probly haven these little doeling up for sale but I do nto mind. If she sells them I know they got a good start. Soon they will probly have a couple more sisters or brothers with them. We have a couple of goats that make great babies but lousey mothers.

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well um um Dew drop drop something. Well Dew is not a girl but a boy. I feel two feet tall this mornign when I was cleaning his butt and found balls. Very little ones but they are balls. WE have also had anothe set back with the two of them. This morning they both crashed. Just got them back to where they are doing ok about a hour ago. I so need sleep. I am still at my boss's and will be heading home tomorrow so pics of them will be up on the sight.

Pancakes has findly had something to do with me. Took a sip of his faverote drink (no yelling at me people but he loves Mountain Dew) and some ebow macroonie to get him to love him mommy again. Today is a nice day I was thinking about taken him out side to run aroudn a bit as I do some farm work.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh sorry to hear that about the kids, are they still doing ok now?

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    With your little ones. Take their temp. That will help to know what way to go with this.
    Goodluck

12. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Dew Drop has bonced back Still ahven a little trouble with the little girl Sunshine. She is a fighter though. She is standing and drinking and trying to play. SHe is just very week. Her brother dose not want to be that far way from her so I have to feed the both at the same time. We have her on sugar water along with her forumla. She is sleeping right now after drinken 2 and a half ounces of forumla/colastume. Been feeding her about ever 2 hours still and she is drinking more each time. So I hope she sticks around. I would miss my wet nose kisses from her or her squeey toy sounding crys.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Pulling for Little Miss Sunshine :pray:

14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Re: Good News For Once (BABY PICS ADDED)

Ok here you go and do I look like a happy adopted mommy?? BTW Dew Drop is now Dude Drop as in Dude Drop Inn. Gave him a more boyish name.

15. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    awwwww! they're teency!

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    adorable little things! I always forget how tiny they are

17. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Those guys are mini Fainters. The two new ones are full size fainters and they look older then those two. They are twice the size of them. I am going to ask my boss if I can buy Sunshine. She is just the apple of my eye. BTW she is pullign though today she was playign with her brother in the liven room. She jumps and fell flate on her face. She is still a bit week but we are pumping her with sugar water and probias cause of Diaria. She is eatting more and still calls out. I said good bye and she cried as I walked out the door. I will be back on Monday too take care of her. I jsut need a break that is all. Oh I am missing them already. All 4 of them. I am missing my little goatey kisses I get from all of them.

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Awe, and I wont have any kids for another month! :hair:

Lol

I LOVE fainters! When do they start fainting?

19. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Depends. These little ones Father was Doc Holiday and he was our best fainter. CeiCei whihc is one of Doc's offspring started fainten when he was 3 months old. We have some fainters that do not faint at all. I am home spose to be relaxing and I want to call my boss and see how they are doing.