The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Breeding Dual Registered American Oberhasli For Da
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who were not aware, IDGR (International Dairy Goat Registry) elected a president last month. I sent an e-mail to her (the president) asking about IDGR's Sable/Saanen policy and if Guernseys were accepted in the IDGR herdbook. This is her reply:
We do currently have a policy for recognizing sable/saanens. I haven't written it out for the website yet but hopefully it will be added with all the updates.

We would love to add a Guernsey herdbook! If your friend and any fellow Guernsey breeders want to work to adapt a breed standard we would be happy to work with them to establish this. We always like to have input from the breeders when creating new breed standards for our group or when making changes. Personally, I would love to have a Guernsey. One of the focuses of IDGR has always been to promote and preserve rare-breeds and we would be more than pleased to be able to assist these breeders.

Thank you for your input, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Melinda

IDGR as a whole is also looking forward to participating in online shows here soon. Hopefully this will be considered another option as well. :)

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Guernsey goats are beautiful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts