GOOD NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by jdgray716, Aug 6, 2009.

1. We close on our house tomorrow. That means more room for more goats. In time I hope it means more land too. The land around it is not being used so I am hoping to make an offer in the next year or so for 6 to 7 more acres. :pray:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats! :cool: :cool: :cool:

3. Bad news is now I have to pack all this junk up to move. Want to help? In fact I'll even let you so it...hehe...lol...rofl :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's great!! But please....count me out on the moving help. :ROFL:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big congrats JD... :leap: ..........but the moving part .....your on your own...not fun.....LOL :ROFL:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :leap: Congratulations!

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Anything to help a fellow goat person except moving! :greengrin:
    But that sounds great John you go, have fun sorting through your stuff.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have lived in my same house for 24 years but moved within it twice. Yes strange I know. First I moved bedrooms (switched with my brothers) then I moved out during remodeling of my room so everything was removed both times because flooring was redone and everything was repainted. Nope moving isnt fun.....bt you get rid of a lot of junk ;)

Congrats :)

9. Well, just got back from the new place. YEP, we have WORK to do. I am not sure why everyone is so not willing to help. I could even feed you. The really bad part is there are 3 HUGE snake skins under the sink so I am HOPING they are not still there. :pray: Anyway, thanks and I will keep everyone posted.

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congratulations on the closing!

There's a designated naughty chair in the corner for you. Go have a seat, get plenty of rest, YOU have lots to do.

Could this be pay back for a naughty JD?!?! Not afraid of snakes are you, here's HOPING you can run fast?!?! :slapfloor:

11. That is SO funny. LOL

Well good news, got her mowed so that too care of most the critters. We sprayed out the wazoo and moth balled to death. That should take care of it. :thumbup:

12. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Great news, congratulations!!!

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is great. Now we need pictures of the digs.

14. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Congrats!!!! :leap: Can't wait to see pics!!!! (hint, hint) :wink:

15. After 6 hours Monday, and 3 hours yesterday. I just about have it clean. Then we can move in. I will get the pics on soon. I took some but want to post the pics once it is CLEAN. lol It has been empty for 2 years. So far the AC is broke, the kitchen sink's seals are bad water spays all over. The tub in the first bath does not shut off, and the pipes leak under the sink. Oh, and the shower in the second bath dripps swiftly still.

Much work left to do, Let s not forget the gas tank still has to be put in. LOL

16. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh what a lovely addition to your work load - an "as is" house

17. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    What, only nine hours of cleaning, I expected more from you naughty JD?!?! Where are the pics of YOU actually cleaning, how do we know for sure YOU did it? Also, I think you're listing all the needed repairs because you're looking for help again. :wink:

Are you informing us it has to be done or reminding US to do it? :slapfloor: :ROFL:

Can't wait to see the CLEAN pics.

18. HEHE too funny :ROFL:

I have to tell you this has been SO much fun. :hair: LOL

Ok, so pipes sautered (sp) that was fun. Finally got it fixed in the Bathroom and ripped out the kitchen sink. :roll: Propane tank came, line busted and pushed back into the ground to appear fine. So new line was added. :sigh: :roll: Finally got the few high areas cut down and found mice nests. :shocked: Then got chased by a baby snake. :shocked: Had the BIGGEST hornet I have ever seen fly in. I 409ed it to DEATH! (crazy eavil face I still need for my nuttyness. LOL) I have left it on the screen to warn all others. Bought a little yellow jacket house put it up and caught exactly nothing. :roll:

To top it off I am behind on everything goat realated needing to be done. Still trying to pack and had to block my dad from continueing to harass me though email and get a restraining order as soon as possible. :roll: And to top it off I am trying not to put myself back in the hospital with all this done.

LOL Over all I am doing great and hope to catch up on my posts here at some point. LOL :ROFL: :slapfloor: Ok, I am going nuts perhaps. LOL (crazy face) :hair: :slapfloor:

Sorry for the spelling a little tired. LOL

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awww JD ... :hug: ..we should put you on A blooper show.. :wink: ....I get a mental picture.. of all your mishaps ...LOL....I am sorry... you are going through trouble.....but I have to giggle a little ....OK ...Alot ...because I can picture it in my head...sorry for :ROFL: but it is kinda funny ...the way you are describing it......Good luck... on getting things straightened out....in which...I have confidence that you will... :thumb: ...keep up the good work..... :thumbup:

20. Oh, don't feel bad, that's just life. LOL

Things are comming together. And I promise to catch up on posts as soon as I can.

Hope all is well with you all and I am trying so hard to figure out our new place and internet. Looks like it will be satalite? Adam thought we might not need the internet. I told him he would starve first. LOL

Well, talk soon... :hug: :grouphug: :love: :wave: