The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was finally a nice day outside today, so we decided to take all of the dogs to the lake. They were all having a good time, and me and my kid wanted to go get a tennis ball for Lucy, my lab, so we loaded Dilbert and Lucy in the back of the truck, Dilbert was a bit slow, but neither of us thought anything of it, because he is 13, and a bit overweight, plus they were playing all day ,and my husband and Gator (other lab) were staying at the lake. We went to the lake store, i sent my daughter in to ask if they had a tennis ball, and they didnt, so we drove back. My daughter opened the bed of the truck to let them out, and dilbert was laying there, dead. He was in the truck for a maximum of 10 minuites. We suspect he had a massive heart attack. My daughter is the most torn up, she hasnt known a day with out her loyal protector. He is buried in the back with his blanket and favorite toy, a stuffed hedgehog, and is in Gods loving arms now. It is going to be lonely without him for a while, but i know he didnt suffer, and had an awesome day. i just cant believe he is gone so quickly. I will forever love you Dilbert, and will never forget you, rest in peace little guy.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank yall so much. Everybody is in deep greif around here. dilbert would always start singing along when we would sing happy birthday, and tomorrow is my husbands birthday. He said his birthday wont be as happy without Dilbert singing to him too... That made us all start sobbing, even my husband.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
It was finally a nice day outside today, so we decided to take all of the dogs to the lake. They were all having a good time, and me and my kid wanted to go get a tennis ball for Lucy, my lab, so we loaded Dilbert and Lucy in the back of the truck, Dilbert was a bit slow, but neither of us thought anything of it, because he is 13, and a bit overweight, plus they were playing all day ,and my husband and Gator (other lab) were staying at the lake. We went to the lake store, i sent my daughter in to ask if they had a tennis ball, and they didnt, so we drove back. My daughter opened the bed of the truck to let them out, and dilbert was laying there, dead. He was in the truck for a maximum of 10 minuites. We suspect he had a massive heart attack. My daughter is the most torn up, she hasnt known a day with out her loyal protector. He is buried in the back with his blanket and favorite toy, a stuffed hedgehog, and is in Gods loving arms now. It is going to be lonely without him for a while, but i know he didnt suffer, and had an awesome day. i just cant believe he is gone so quickly. I will forever love you Dilbert, and will never forget you, rest in peace little guy.
Awwww so sorry but what a blessing of a last day for him!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Most of us have lost pets that we loved, so we understand how you feel.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
So sorry for your loss :hug: Losing a dog, a friend, a family member, is so hard.

It sounds like he had the most amazing last day ever! You guys gave him the best life possible. He is up there playing with his hedgehog, and watching over you guys from heaven. You will see him again one day.

·
Registered
31,069 Posts
im so sorry : (

1 - 17 of 17 Posts