Goodbye Dilbert

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    It was finally a nice day outside today, so we decided to take all of the dogs to the lake. They were all having a good time, and me and my kid wanted to go get a tennis ball for Lucy, my lab, so we loaded Dilbert and Lucy in the back of the truck, Dilbert was a bit slow, but neither of us thought anything of it, because he is 13, and a bit overweight, plus they were playing all day ,and my husband and Gator (other lab) were staying at the lake. We went to the lake store, i sent my daughter in to ask if they had a tennis ball, and they didnt, so we drove back. My daughter opened the bed of the truck to let them out, and dilbert was laying there, dead. He was in the truck for a maximum of 10 minuites. We suspect he had a massive heart attack. My daughter is the most torn up, she hasnt known a day with out her loyal protector. He is buried in the back with his blanket and favorite toy, a stuffed hedgehog, and is in Gods loving arms now. It is going to be lonely without him for a while, but i know he didnt suffer, and had an awesome day. i just cant believe he is gone so quickly. I will forever love you Dilbert, and will never forget you, rest in peace little guy.

2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I'm so sorry y'all lost your little buddy. What a great last day he had playing with his family.
    RIP sweet boy

3. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
    I am so sorry that happened. That is very sad. :(

4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Im sorry. That loss always hurts. Im just grateful he had a GREAT Fun day with all of you! What a blessing to go quickly & quietly!

5. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    So very sorry for your loss....will keep you in my prayers

6. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Im so sorry that you and your daughter lost your loyal protector:( Hugs to ya both(grouphug)

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  7. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Thank yall so much. Everybody is in deep greif around here. dilbert would always start singing along when we would sing happy birthday, and tomorrow is my husbands birthday. He said his birthday wont be as happy without Dilbert singing to him too... That made us all start sobbing, even my husband.

8. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Awwww so sorry but what a blessing of a last day for him!

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

10. TexasGoatMan

TexasGoatMan Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Dekalb, Texas
    Sorry for your loss. Most of us have lost pets that we loved, so we understand how you feel.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  11. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    So sorry for your loss :hug: Losing a dog, a friend, a family member, is so hard.

It sounds like he had the most amazing last day ever! You guys gave him the best life possible. He is up there playing with his hedgehog, and watching over you guys from heaven. You will see him again one day.

12. Sweet_Song

Sweet_Song Active Member

Oct 8, 2014
    I’m so sorry! He looks like he was a very loved little guy, and his last day sounds like a perfect day with his people.

13. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
  14. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I'm so sorry for your family's loss of adorable little Dilbert. It is such a blessing that he enjoyed a romp at the lake and passed quickly.

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California