Goodbye Doughboy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by MissMM, Jan 28, 2009.

1. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I apologize in advance for anyone that may take offense about posting this here ...... I couldn't resist. After reading so many heart wrenching stories about loss in this forum, a little humor might help:

Death of the Doughboy

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have read that before - I always get a chuckle out of it.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumb: Got a chuckle here!

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I'm sorry you lost him. :hug:

He must have tasted good tho. . . . :wink:

:ROFL:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I also have read that before but it was really a nice to read and laugh.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California