Goodbye Guinny

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Victoria, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I put down my very favorite goat today.
    My heart is so so heavy with sadness. She was 12, and tired, and ready to ge.
    We decited last week it was time, and it was like all the other goats knew.
    Her son spent extra time with her, sunning, rubbing each other. The other goats
    too each spent time with her, they knew she would be going away.
    I know the last part of her life here was very happy, she made some good friends, even fell
    in love, but it was her time.
    As a vet tech, I see death way too much, and it is so hard on a daily basis, but when it's your own beloved pet, it makes it even harder. I wanted so much for her to live for years to come, but that would have been selfish for me, and hard on her. Doing the right thing is not always easy.
    I took off her goat coat, and realized how very beautiful she was, although she had gotten thin, she stll had a georgeous coat, soft cashmere on her neck and face. She went easily and peacefully. I still have part of her in her son, my little buck. Maybe some day he will throw a beautiful buckskin doe just like his dam, and she will stay with us, and be Guinny Too..
    I miss my girl and her soft nuzzels, and goaties loves...

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Rest in peace Guinny, your mama loved you too much to see you in pain, enjoy those rolling fields and sunshine across the Rainbow Bridge.

I am sorry for your loss Victoria, it truly takes a heart full of love to make such a choice for our beloved pets. :hug:

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am so sorry Victoria :hug:

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Victoria, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you grieve for your special Guinny. A most difficult post to have to write, but it honors her so beautifully. How very special that her son and other goats spent time with her. I have always believed the greatest love is, that which gives us the strength to grant dignity and peace, when it is time.

5. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I am soooooo sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts to have to make such a difficult choice. We had a yorkie that we'd had for 15 years that we had to let go a few years ago, and it still feels like yesterday sometimes. She'll never be replaced, but will always be remembered. I wish I still had a piece of her to remember her by, but she never had pups for me. I'm glad you have a piece of your lovely Guinny and hopefully someday you'll get your wish of a lovely granddaughter.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry that you had to put her down, but you are right - when we have the option to not make them suffer - we must feel blessed that we can give them that.

When I worked in the clinics I would talk with the owners alot and they really liked the thought that they were doing the best thing for their beloved pet.

:hug:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Victoria, :hug: to you. I teared up reading the story because you can sure tell you loved her dearly, and she was so very happy with you. It reminded me of my girl I lost and I know now they are playing in the greener pastures.

:pray: I will pray that the lord will help you heal fast. I do not care how ofter we see or hear about death it is always so hard to say not good bye but see you later.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh, i'm so sorry, that must have been such a hard decision. Sounds like she had a wonderful and happy last part of her life with you. :hug: Rest in peace sweet girl.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ..... :hug: :(

10. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I respect your unselfish decision and your willingness to be sad so Guinny could rest in peace. I got teary-eyed reading your post and can tell how much she is loved and how much she will be missed. :hug:

11. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Thank you so much for your words of comfort.
    Grief is so powerful, so personal, so individual.
    I never knew what to expect or how hard it
    would hit me.
    I really appreciate your kind words and loving thoughts.
    Thanks..

12. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    I'm so sorry to hear this:( Run free Guinny :hug: